Finding The Perfect Pair of Jeans
How to Rock Your Jeans
- Wear the right pair of shoes, to compliment the jeans you're wearing.
- Know every single pair of jeans is going to fit everyone's body differently.
- A muffin-top is not a good fashion statement to be making. Ever!!!
- You should always be able to breathe in your jeans. If you have to seat down slowly to keep the zipper zipped, then you're probably wearing the wrong size.
- Wear what makes you feel comfortable and look good.
Jeans for all Body Types
Every woman has a body that is shaped beautifully different, so dress to flatter and hug your shape. The perfect pair of jeans can help enhance certain areas that you want to flaunt, while drawing attention away from certain areas you would rather hide. Some jeans even come with built-in control panels or padding, these little added features which can help cinch or add a little something extra, by giving mother nature a little bit of a boost, "pun intended. " A sexy pair of great fitting jeans can do amazing things for a woman's body. "What type of jeans should you wear, you ask? " Base that on your body type, what works for some will not work for others.
A pair of great fitting jeans can hide a multitude of heinous and embarrassing problems, by enhancing and contouring the positives, giving you a classy look. If you have chunky thighs, wear flare legs to balance out the top and bottom. If you have a large backside, (which, by the way, I give a big thank you to J-Lo from all us thick-boned ladies) wear higher cut jeans to keep them from sliding around, otherwise you'll be spilling out all over the place, I know this from experience. Some jeans even have a built-in minimizer on the inside tummy panel, for helping to slim your hips and belly.
Below are a few ideas of what type of jeans, look well on what type of body.
Flatter That Body
The Right Fitting Jeans for an Hourglass Figure
An hourglass figure is absolutely beautiful, but not when you melt and pour it into the wrong type of jeans. Most curvy women should not wear super low-rise jeans. "Why not? You ask, " because we have big hips and fuller bottoms. Wear jeans that fit and flatter, not cause you to have an imaginary muffin top.
What Not to Wear
- Any kind of jeans that has the two words "Low-Rise, " because pulling up your pants all day is anything but sexy.
- What some people call the "Mom" jeans, who could forget those super, colossal zippers, or the oversized pleats very unflattering. Especially for a curvy woman can add so many exaggerated pounds to your body.
- Anything too skin-tight, super, tight jeans generally don't look right on all shapes. If you have to lay on the bed to zip the zipper up, forget about it, ladies.
What to Wear
- Jeans with a natural waistline always flatter a curvy body, they are more comfortable too.
- Boot-cut or flare-leg jeans, they help balance out a full bottom, they always look amazing on a curvy body type.
- Skinny-leg looks wonderful on a curvy body as well, but make sure it is curvy-fit. They tend to be a little wider in the thigh area and have more pull to them, to keep them from looking too tight.
"Dress your curvy body in the right pair of great fitting jeans, to enhance your natural God-given shape. "
Hug Your Assets
Flattering Jeans for a Pear Shape
A pear shape is just as beautiful an hourglass shape, but it can be a hard shape to find great fitting jeans for unless you know what you're looking for. The waist seems to always fit loose or the back side to tight. By wearing the right kind of jeans for your bountiful assets, you could end the constant battle of finding the right fit.
What Not to Wear
- Anything low cut is not going to fit, if you're spilling out you should not be wearing it, nobody wants to see your goodies.
- Wide-leg this look is so unflattering for a pear-shaped figure, it adds extra bulk below the leg which ends up clashing.
- Natural waistline pants can have an odd fit for a pear shape because their waist is usually a lot smaller than their derriere.
What to Wear
- Skinny-leg, curvy fit jeans look incredible on a pear shape, enhancing their assets very nicely.
- Flare-legged jeans help balance out the fullness of the backside in a pear shape.
- High-waist jeans are a better fit for a pear shape, the highness of the waistline leaves some room for the derriere.
Enhance What You Got
Find the Right Fit for a Straight shape
This is a very elegant body type which when clothed in the right pair of great fitting jeans can be stunning. A person with a straight body type should focus on the right fit and stay away from jeans which are bulky or too big. Wearing too big a size for a straight shape can look very unflattering.
What Not to Wear
- Never wear jeans that have a super large flare, this is way too much bulk for your petite frame.
- Anything with too high of a waist can make your derriere appear to be board flat.
- Anything relaxed-fit or wearing too big of a size can make your jeans appear as if you're floating in them.
What to Wear
- Low waist jeans look awesome on a straight shape, it adds the illusion of having slight subtle curves without being too overpowering.
- Regular-fit skinny jeans look awesome as well, anything that hugs and fits, give an illusion of added curves.
All jeans are not created equally, a good pair of jeans can last for years. Some great brands I recommend you tryout for yourself are Lee's, Seven 7 For all Mankind, and Level Eight.
"All body types are beautiful, but make sure to pick the right fitting jeans for your body type, enhance the positive's and be comfortable. "
Do you like Flare-legs, or skinny jeans?See results without voting
More by this Author
I have always been a bargain shopper. Having style is more of a time thing than the amount of money spent on an item. There are always cheaper alternatives to a super pricey item you just have to be willing to put in a...
Yes, you can dress like a rocker chick for at least three or four hundred dollars cheaper than they do. Why spend all your money on clothes when you can get the same fashions for less with a little time and patience.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a beauty product for it to work. Some of the best natural, cruelty-free products can be made at home with items you would find in your fridge or cabinet.