How to Walk in High Heels
High heels are feminine and sexy, but you should learn to walk in them properly to avoid injury and discomfort.
Here are some simple tips on how to master this art and feel confident in you favorite pumps. If you want to learn to walk in high heels as naturally, relaxed and confident, as all celebrities, keep in mind a number of simple rules.
High heels: how and where to wear
1. If you are not used to high heels yet, do not start with too high heels at once. The optimum height for beginners are mid-sized heels. If you still want to give you that extra half an inch, try platformed heels. The heel itself may not be as high, but paired with the platform it will create an illusion of height.
2. Buy shoes with soft soles.
3. When buying shoes, pay attention not only to the size, but to the width as well. New shoes should neither be too tight, nor too loose
4. Avoid cycling in high-heeled shoes - it's not safe. Also, do not walk in high-heeled shoes on the grass, sand, rocks and any rough terrain.
5. Wear high heels only when you do not have to walk a lot or do any other physical activity.
6. High-heeled shoes are best suitable for special occasions: parties, clubs and so on.
How to walk in high heels
1. When walking first place the heel, and only then - the foot, quickly, easily and smoothly.
2. Keep the toes of your shoes straight, expand your shoulders and slightly lean back.
3. Light arms' movement will help you maintain balance while walking.
4. Keep your feet as close as possible to each other - this will centralizes the balance of your body.
5. Do not rush, steps should be small, neat, directed, confident and equal.
6. A special practice is required for the walking on the stairs: while going up, place your heel and sole simultaneously in the middle of each step; while going down, use the sole, leaving your heel raised, and do not hesitate to use the handrails.
7. And finally, do not be afraid to lean a little to a gentleman accompanying you - even the famous and experienced celebrities use this little trick now and then.
Did you know that...
Frequent change of shoe types: high heels - flats, is a great exercise for the spine. Changing the shoes often will help your spine to be ready for different loads, which means that you will have less back pain and leg problems.
More by this Author
Check out some great options for you to consider when searching for the best shoes for Zumba...
Accidents happen, but you better be prepared. Learn what to do in case your shoe heel breaks and what things you must have in your purse for such accidents.
What pimples on buttocks mean, how to get rid of them, and how to prevent them.