How to Wear the Army ACU Uniform
The Army Combat Uniform (ACU) is the current uniform worn by the men and women in the United States Army. This new type of uniform became standard-issue for all deployed troops in 2005. The ACU's were made to work in all types of environments - Urban, Desert, and Woodland, and they are made out of 50% nylon and 50% cotton. They use a digital camofulage pattern in slate gray, desert sand and foliage green pixel pattern. These patterns become darker or lighter depending on the exposure to sunlight.
Before I go into the wearing of the Army Combat Uniform (ACU) I wanted to show you the different parts of the uniform. There are 5 main parts (not including socks and undergarments) and each part has "special features".
- Constructed with a double thick bill.
- Hook and loop tape (Velcro) in the back.
- Map pocket on the inside.
- Moisture-wicking tan T-shirt
- Mandarin collar worn in the down position.
- Slanted pockets on left and right breast with Hook and loop tape for easy access.
- Hook and loop tape shoulder pockets that allow for the wearing of unit patches, skill tabs and recognition devices.
- Elbow pouch with hook and loop tape closure for internal elbow pad inserts.
- Shoulder Pockets - for maximized storage, easily accessible on the left and right shoulders.
- Integrated blouse bellows for increased upper body mobility.
- Three-slot pen pockets for easy access.
- Slide fastener (zipper) front closure reinforced with hook and loop tape.
- Easy access slanted cargo pockets.
- Knee pouch with hook and loop tape closure for internal knee pad inserts.
- Bellowed calf storage pocket with hook and loop tape closure on the left and right legs.
- Moisture-wicking inside.
- Removable insoles.
- 4 eyelets and 4 speed hooks on each eyestay for quick lacing.
- Reliable durability for miles of on-foot travel.
How to wear ACU's
1. Put on the tan T-shirt, ACU pants, green boot socks and tan boots
2. Tuck your ACU pants into your boots.
3. Before putting on your ACU top there are several things it needs to have before it can be worn.
- Rank - Worn in the center of the chest
- Name Tape - Contains your last name only and is worn above the top of the right breast pocket
- US Army Name Tape - Worn above the top of the left breast pocket
- Unit Patch - Left shoulder gets the patch for the unit to which you are currently assigned. The right shoulder gets the unit patch of any unit with which you served in a combat zone.
- Skill Patch - These are "special" patches such as Ranger or Special Forces - They go on the left shoulder above the unit patch.
- US Flag - The US Flag goes on our right shoulder pocket flap right above the unit patch.
- Any Qualificaiton Badges
4. Put on your ACU jacket.
5. Put on your patrol cap.
If you have any questions you can search for your answer in the Army Regulation 670-1.
They also make ACU's to fit the special little kids in your life.
More by this Author
Using a pile of loops from scrap fabric and a simple square loom, you can transform a pile of scraps into a beautiful, long lasting loom loop potholder. But there are so many other ideas you can use loop and loom for. ...
How is it that the female restroom lines are a mile long and the males are just walking right in and out at public places? Why is it that when we have a "special" night planned it takes the male maybe a third...
Have you ever gotten a gift so nicely wrapped with that amazing bow attached to the front that you don't want to open because it's so pretty? With the help of these instructions you can make your own fancy Christmas...