How to choose your lipstick
"God has given you one face and you make yourselves another", said Shakespeare to women in Hamlet. Since time immemorial, women have used cosmetics to increase the loveliness of their faces and for achieving a glamorous look.
Towards the end of the 19th century, carmine - a crimson - red/purple, red pigment obtained from cochineal was used by English actresses Sarah Bernhardt and Ellen Terry for painting their lips. The new trend has born. Thousands of women of all classes copied them, since then "lipsticks" have become a key part of the fashion look of the modern womanIf you are the very first time user of lipstick or a seasoned user you can also go through this tips on how to choose your lipstick. These are the very basic and simple tips on how to choose your lipstick.
1.If you want to find out the real shade of the lipstick apply it on a white tissue paper and check the shade that is on the tissue paper is the real shade of the lipstick. Because normally some lipsticks will differ in their look and application.So it is better you check the real shade of the lipstick before you buy.
2.Instead of choosing a lipstick matching your dress, if you choose a lipstick matching your skin colour, eyes, or to your hair colour that will give a decent look to your make up.
3.If you have a dry lips you should use moisturising lipsticks with vitamin E, glycerin, or aloe Vera, to make your dry lips soft and glowing.
4.If you want your lips to be glowing use satin mix lipsticks this will give a touch of an orange to your lips since it contains an extra percentage of oil, it will make your lips glow and shine.
5. If you have a habit of using matte lipsticks, the continuous use of this kind of lipstick may lead to your lips getting dried. So use a lip gloss or a lip balm to make your lips wet and soft and save from getting dry.
6.If you hate using different colour lipsticks you can use colourless natural lipsticks.
7.If you have light eyes you can apply dark shade lipsticks which will certainly improve the look of your eyes.
8. If you feel you are not so fair and below normal complexion you can go for plum and red colour lipsticks which will enhance your beauty.
9. For medium complexion you can choose Orange, light brown, or pink colour shade of lipsticks which will improve your beauty.
Try these simple tips certainly you will feel the difference.
Applying Lipstick is an art:
The ritual comprising several steps in order to achieve an application that will last the whole day.
- Stand in front of a window so that your face is illuminated by natural light.
- Ensure that there is no shadow on your face and light falls evenly on both sides.
- Outline your lips with the aid of a lip pencil.
- Now colour your lips with the aid of a pencil.
- If the pencil is too hard, warm it in the palm of your hands.
- Apply a coat of lipstick with a brush. Choose a shade that is close to the natural colour of your lips.
- Blot gently with a tissue paper.
- Apply a second coat.
- For glittering effect, use any gold or silver lip art, over the lipstick to give a final finishing touch.
- This ravishing lipstick should last throughout the day.
More by this Author
Maintaining a good relationship is very hard, and your success depends most of the time on how you keep your relations., healthy. And here, are 10 tips for better human relations. whether it is family, business, or...
The biggest challenge that mankind is facing in this century is "global warming" and there is a "global warning" given by scientist to save the earth, here are some simple but important tips to...