How to dress like Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place)
So you want to know how to get Alex Russo's (Selena Gomez) bohemian, chic look from Wizards of Waverly Place? Want to know how to do your makeup, style your hair and choose your clothes to create that casual classy demeanor? Read on to find out how.
A great shop to buy clothes similar to what Alex wears (some which completely match!) is www.freepeople.com. However, they are a tad on the expensive side, so a cheaper option would be thrift stores and cheap vintage shops - if you know your sizes, ebay is also a good idea.
Alex wears a lot of jeans in the show, and all of them skinny. Go for light wash and dark wash jeans, faded jeans, distressed jeans - as long as they're skinny, Alex would wear them.
For tops, wear a lot of tank tops (Alex wears a lot of blue and purple), t-shirts, shirts with pretty necklines (ruffles etc), shirts with peace signs on (later in the show, Alex always wears a peace sign in every episode). Now that you've chosen your shirts, it's time to layer! Layer tanks over tee's, tanks over tanks, tee's over long sleeved shirts, and top it all off with a cardigan or waistcoat.
Alex wears converse a lot. Selena gomez herself has over thirty pairs of converse in her wardrobe, and that love of all stars is reflected in the character of Alex. But don't just wear converse. Alex also wears a lot of boots, my personal favourite style of boot she wears being just-below-the-knee length suede boots.
Now comes the fun part - accessories. Alex wears tons of belts, bracelets, necklaces and scarves - obviously not alltogether though! Remember that with accessories less is more; match a pretty lacy scarf with some turquoise bangles and a belt. Don't then add rings and necklaces too, because that is overdoing it a bit.
One of my favourite 'Alex layering looks' is using necklaces - and lots of 'em. Layer beads and chains and colours together to create a really bohemian look around your neck.
Alex's makeup is very natural and simple - perfect for any occasion, be it school or a party, and guarranteed to highlight your natural beauty.
1) If you have uneven skin or blemishes, use a concealer slightly lighter than your natural skin tone (cream or liquid are both fine, but cream gives a more natural look) and cover up. Don't lather it on all over your face, just dot a little on spots, dark circles and red areas (places like around the nose and mouth.)
2) To get a natural glow, use a tinted concealer or a light, dewy foundation - that is, if you want to use any at all. Some people aren't permitted to use foundation by their parents, or school does not allow it, or they simply have skin which is naturally quite evenly toned. Of course, something which helps with this is regular cleansing and moisturising. Don't exfoliate everyday or you will damage your skin.
3) Now use an eye primer if you wish, and choose a colour of eyeshadow which is close to your skintone. Brush that on the inner two thirds of your eye. Next take a pale champagne colour, and dot a little of that on the inner corner of your eye and under your brow bone to highlight and open up your eyes. Finally, take a darker shade of brown (or a very subtle silver for a more nighttime look), and pat that on the outer third of your eye, blending into the crease.
Now, your makeup is done - don't put anything on the lips except a subtle gloss, and lightly apply a blusher if you wish to keep that natural look.
1) Wash your hair thouroughly. Use a conditioner, and leave it in for a few minutes before your wash it out - this makes the hair silkier, smoother and softer.
2) Blow dry your hair with volume. Flip your hair over your hair, and dry it upside down, brush it out, and your will be able to see the volume. Tease slightly if neccesary.
3) Clip up the top half of your hair. Take a 1/ 1 half inch curling iron, and take pieces of hair to curl. Curl all of your hair, including the top half, and then spritz with a little hairspray to keep it all in place.
No comments yet.