Totally Organic Facial and Hair Treatment
© by Jennifer McLeod writing as jenjen0703, all rights reserved.
Amazing Facial Treatment
It is funny when you come across a little known secret, but when you try to share it with others, they look at you skeptically. I found this idea online and tried it for myself. This is the most incredible facial treatment I have ever performed on my skin, and it left my skin feeling as soft as a baby's bum. At the time, I was using Oil of Olay Regenerist, and I was the skeptical one when I read this for myself. Like all things, though, you will never know the truth unless you try it.
This facial and hair treatment will require a few items from your local grocery store. You will need fresh strawberries, honey (not the beeswax type), and an avocado. If you are doing this with friends, more avocados are needed, one per person. You will also need sandwich size Zip-Lock bags.
Mixing Things Up
I suggest conducting both the facial and hair treatments simultaneously. The hair treatment only needs to be performed once a week, but the facial treatment can be a daily part of your skin regimen.
1) You will need 2 mixing bowls for this project.
2) Peel the skin from the avocado, putting the peels into the Zip-Lock bags. Mash the avocado in a bowl until it softens up. Add some honey to the mixture, but not too much. You should only need a tablespoon or two. Mix the honey and avocado mixture until you have eliminated the "chunks" and have a nice, smooth appearance to the mixture.
3) Rinse out your hair with water. This step needs to be done on damp hair (I tried it on dry hair my first time and that made my hair hard and crunchy). This step is a bit messy, so it is best to apply the avocado to your hair while standing on a linoleum floor instead of carpeting. If your hair is longer, you will need to have a hair clip handy to pin your hair up during the treatment.
4) Massage the avocado/honey mixture through your hair, being certain you saturate your hair with it. This will need to stay in your hair for at least 20 minutes, giving you time to prepare the strawberries.
5) In the other bowl, mash 8 or 9 strawberries with a fork until you have mashed out as many solid pieces of strawberries as you can. Next, add a tablespoon of honey and mix it well with the strawberries. The honey is necessary because it helps the strawberries stick to your face and stay on until your face is dry. Also, this batch or strawberry mixture will last a long time, so if you are using it alone you can cut the recipe in half.
6) Spread the strawberry/honey mixture on your face, making sure to avoid contact with your eyes.
7) After 5 to 10 minutes, the strawberry/honey mixture will dry. Rinse face with lukewarm or cool water and pat dry with a towel.
8) Using the avocado peels, wipe them over your face until you have covered all the skin. You might need 2 or 3 of the peels. Store the remaining avocado peels in the refrigerator in the Zip-Lock bag. The peels should last you a week, until you are ready to conduct your next hair treatment. There is no need to rinse the avocado oil off your face (if you have any small chunks on your face, wipe them off with a cloth). your skin because it absorbs quickly, leaving a baby soft feeling.
9) When your hair starts to firm up, around 20 to 30 minutes, it is time to rinse your hair. The avocado/honey mixture rinses out easily. Wash and condition your hair as usual and enjoy soft, thicker hair until your next hair treatment.
The Benefits of Natural Products
Strawberries are loaded with anti-oxidants and Vitamin C (149% of the recommended daily allowance). Vitamin C helps to heal wounds and scars. When applied directly to the skin, strawberries act as an astringent and tightens your pores, plus you're getting the healing benefits of the anti-oxidants and Vitamin C straight to your skin. You can feel the tightening taking effect as the strawberry mixture dries on your face, but without the burning and drying of the skin that takes place with benzoyl peroxide products.
Avocados are healthy for your hair as they have a nice amount of protein in them. Protein repairs tissues in the body and does an amazing job on my hair.
I could not convince anyone that these treatments worked until I showed up at my stepdaughters house with all the ingredients and talked her into it performing the treatments on herself. She was amazed at the end results and has discontinued store-bought facial cleansers, just as I have .
OTHER ORGANIC HOME TREATMENTS:
More by this Author
Want to learn how to make paper snowflakes? Here are a few easy designs to make your home more festive for Christmas.
Hunting for morel mushrooms is a ton of fun, not to mention great exercise. Here are tips to help you find those morels...
Dealing with a narcissist is an irritating and draining experience. Living with one is even worse. This article gives helpful advice for how to outsmart and avoid falling prey to a narcissist.