Vintage Judith Leiber Clutch Purses and Handbags
The Most Spectacular Collection Shown Right Here!Click thumbnail to view full-size
Celebrated Handbag Designer
Ever since I was a little girl, I have been crazy about Judith Leiber. I think it is clearly understandable why I am not the only person that marvels over her creations. She is an extremely talented woman, which through her dedication and hard work, has built an empire from the ground up. Judith Leiber was born Judith Peto, in Budapest, Hungary 1921. She married her husband, Gerson Leiber an American soldier and immigrated to America in 1948.
During the war Judith learn the craft of handbag making, and made purses for a friend’s small factory located in Switzerland. When she moved to the United States, she honed her craft by working for many leading, New York City based, handbag, manufactures. In 1963, she launched her own company with the help of her husband Gerson. Gerson and Judith worked together until1998, when they then sold the company, and happily retired.
- It is a fact that a few of America's First Ladies have carried her purses. In 1964 Lady Bird Johnson was the first American First Lady to carry a Judith Leiber clutch.
- There is a famous photo shot of Michelle Obama with the President, carrying her vintage Judith Leiber clutch.
List of Museums Housing Judith Pieces
Some of Judith Leiber's uniquely designed, crystal, miniatures and handbags can be seen on view at;
- The Victoria and Albert Museum in London, England.
- The Smithsonian in Washington D. C.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, New York
- The Houston Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, Texas
- The Los Angeles Museum of Art in Los Angeles, California.
The Museum Built By Gerson and Judith
- In 2005, Gerson and Judith built a small museum to house their art collection and life works. The Museum is located on 446 Old Stone Highway in the Springs section of East Hampton on Long Island, NY.
- Over Memorial Day weekend they featured an exquisite showing of more than 140 Chinese porcelain pieces the Lieber's had collected over the years. For sixty two years the Lieber's have been collecting these Chinese porcelain pieces. The Memorial Day exhibition was the first of it's kind for some of these 1000 year old pieces that were selected.
Gerson Leiber is himself an artist. Born in Brooklyn, New York 1921 Gerson childhood was proof positive to his own creative abilities. As an adult Gerson worked with Gabor Peterdi. Gerson's art prints won many awards. Not only was Gerson an award winning artist, but he also hosted many one man shows to exhibit his work.
- He even was showcased at the Alex Rosenberg Gallery, and traveled with the Associated American Artists exhibitions. Both he and Judith love working on their East Hampton estate, showing off their art work, and producing masterpieces. For information on visiting the museum please contact them at (631) 329.3288, for a special viewing. Unless otherwise noted the museum is open by appointment only.
More Articles By The Author
- White HOT Watches & Fashion Surprises!!!
It's time to adorn ourselves with the latest White fashion wear. What a timely surprise Spring rings in, just when we need to see what's out there! With Easter now past us, it is the hour,...
- The Heart Charm Bracelet
The history of wearing bracelets can be dated back to the stone ages, when mankind first started painting on cave walls....
If you ever need to return a Judith Leiber product to be repaired. Just send it to:
Attention: Repair Facility
600 Meadowlands Parkway
Secaucus, NJ 07094
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST (Monday - Friday)
Make sure to include the receipt of purchase. They will not continue on without it.
Product Care Instructions
How to take care of a Judith Leiber Product
- Handbags and Accessories
List below are four easy steps to follow when cleaning a Judith Leiber product. Following the steps below will help to ensure that the product manufacturer's guarantee will not be nullified or voided. The simple steps listed are mostly likely to increase your future enjoyment for many years to come:
1. Gently wipe the item with a smooth, soft, dry cloth. Do not use cleaning agents. They are not needed when cleaning your product.
2. Store the item inside the specially treated protective pouch provided.
3. Avoid exposure to moisture as well as extreme heat or cold.
4. Do not expose your Judith Leiber products to perfume or hair care products.
For care of your frame:
1. Please rinse lenses with a mild detergent and warm water.
2. Use only the soft lens cloth provided for daily cleaning of the lenses.
More by this Author
The best brands for big breasted women. How to video for measuring band and cup size for women with breast size 40D and higher.
Get the 411 on what not to wear on a date night or night out with the girls. Advice from one plus size woman to the next, on sexy fashionable do's and don'ts.
Intimacy tips for aging adult couples. Informing you that you are not alone, and what you should do to combat certain malfunctions happening in your aging body. For mature, aging, active adults.