Make Body Spray
Making your own body spray is simple and will transform the way you look conventional store bought fragrances.
There is an amazing variety of scents to choose from. With such variety you can blend the perfect perfume for any mood.
Body Spray Recipe
What you will need: 2-6 oz. cosmetic spray bottles and a funnel which will fit into the tops of your spray bottles (which can be purchased through many cosmetic supply companies, links listed below.)
5 oz. of denatured alcohol, perfumers alcohol or 100 proof vodka (perfumer’s alcohol has several chemicals added to create more stability. Buying expensive perfumer’s alcohol is a necessity if you will be selling the body spray and shipping them. )
5 oz. Distilled Water
1 Tbsp. Polysorbate 20 (a coconut derived emulsifier, non toxic). Use 2 Tbsp. of Polysorbate 20 for essential oil blends.
1-2 tsp. Fragrance oil or essential oil (depending on strength)
5-8 drops of liquid cosmetic color corresponding liquid dye (optional)
Combine the fragrance and liquid dye with the Polysorbate 20 inside the spray bottle, add cap and shake vigorously, add alcohol then water. Mixture should settle and be clear.
There are a great many places to buy quality recreations of top market fragrances. As well as many new scent combinations coming into the market each year. The cost of fragrance oil is usually around $4.00 an ounce. As you can see from the recipe, 1oz. of fragrance oil will go a really long way. These are my top 10 ready to use fragrance oil picks.
10 Fresh Fragrance Oil Picks For Spring and Summer:
1. All Natural Mango Sugar Mint -Sweetcakes.com “sweet ripe notes of mango, with the tiniest kiss of mint to keep things fresh.” Phthalate free.
2. Bamboo Sugarcane Fragrance- Elementsbathandbody.com "A sparkling splash of citrus and sweet floral of jasmine and rose, join branches of green leaves with a dry down of pure sugar sweetness.” Phthalate free
3. Calabrian Bergamot and Violet- Daystarsupplies.com “top notes of citron, bergamot, orange and pear; a floral violet, rose geranium and sandalwood.” Phthalate free.
4. Black Vetyver Coffee: -Daystarsupplies.com “rich sensual scent begins with dark roasted coffee, earthy notes of vetiver, incense and redwood.” Phthalate free
5. Absolute Tulip (Bath and Bodyworks Type) Fromnaturewithlove.com "Clean and crisp, this fragrance is a blend of tulips, peonies, fresh water and green accords. Its natural beauty invokes memories of a sunny day."
6. Goldilocks Fragrance- Daystarsupplies.com "A sweet morning treat of oats, spice and everything nice! A rich blend of fruit and spice top notes balances with mint tones to create instant appeal for this blend. Spiced woods and soft floral tones are surrounded by patchouli at the heart of the fragrance. A base of soft vanilla bean completes the creation. Top notes: cherry, citrus, spearmint. Middle notes: floral, spice, patchouli, wood. Bottom notes: vanilla." Phthalate Free
7. Raspberry Guava- Indianacandlesupplies.com "A sweet fruity blend of vine-ripened raspberry and tropical strawberry
guava with nuances of fresh lemons, African violets and a subtle white
musk and iris background."
8. Lotus Blossom- Fromnaturewithlove.com "A beautiful exotic floral fragrance. Petals of lotus blossoms, red rose and fresh lilac intertwine in this gorgeous floral scent."
9. Heather & Hyacinth- brambleberry.com "This fragrance is more hyacinth than heather. This scrumptious scent smells like a stroll through the most lovely of proper English gardens."
10. Chamomile & Bergamot- brambleberry.com "chamomile and bergamot. Not content to be a two-note blend, this fragrance also contains notes of tangerine, petitgrain, sage, geranium and moss."
Essential Oil Blends For Body Spray
Blending essential oils can result in the most complex, nature based smells that cannot be achieved through the use of fragrance oils. Although perfume oils can smell very attractive they can never achieve the multi-faceted nature of essential plant oils.
Lemon Spritzer Blend:
8 drops Lemongrass essential oil
6 drops Lime Peel essential oil
4 drops Litsea Cubeba essential oil
4 drops Palmarosa essential oil
Brown Sugar Vanilla
4 drops Benzoin Resin essential oil
4 drops Tonka Bean essential oil
12 drops Peru Balsam
8 drops Vanilla Absolute
8-10 drops Croatian Lavender essential oil
8 drops Calabrian Bergamot essential oil
2 drop Marjoram essential oil
4 drops Rosemary essential oil
2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
oils, absolutes or resinous liquid extracts require additional
Polysorbate 20 to become a clear emulsified liquid. For essential oil
blends use 3-4 Tbsp. of Polysorbate 20 in the basic Body Spray recipe above to
emulsify the essential oils.
- NDA Wholesale Solubiliser
Premium Polysorbate 20 (also known as Solubiliser) at Wholesale Prices
- The Scent Works!
Large collection of fragrance oil.
- White Lotus Aromatics
- Camden-Grey Essential Oils, Inc.
- Bramble Berry, Inc | Soap Making Supplies
- Essential Oils from Mountain Rose Herbs
Top quality organic and sustainable essential oils in beautiful packaging.
More by this Author
Although you may have heard it mentioned at the salon, in fashion magazines and on television. You may be wondering what the Brazilian Keratin Treatment or Brazilian Blowout is? Basically it's a product that contains...
My hair has always been very course, thick and curly. Tending to be frizzy and dry, it needs a lot of styling products before it can begin to look sleek and shiny. I have been flat ironing my hair for some time using...
Lavender has been prized by human kind since recorded history, for it’s herbal, floral aroma and it’s purifying , healing effect on the skin. Lavender’s name is derived from the Latin term...