Minimalist Closet - How to create a minimalist closet for women
Different approaches to creating a minimalist closet
Many people around the world, men as well as women are looking to simplify their lives and this often includes creating a minimalist closet.
There seems to be many approaches to creating a minimalist closet Three popular ones include:
- The French way – creating a wardrobe based on a handful of clothes in neutral colours and classic styles
- The holistic way – creating mini-wardrobes for each aspect of your lifestyle, taking into your body shape and the styles and colours that suit you.
- Just buying basic items in neutral colours and simple classic styles
You can read more about these different approaches and their advantages and disadvantages here.
I have also written about Minimalist accessories such as shoes and scarves, and at the end have provided a link to my popular blog which you may like to follow - "Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe".
Create a minimalist closet the French way
Many French women, particularly Parisians, live in small apartments with limited closet space. As a result, they own a small handful of clothing that perfectly meets their lifestyle needs. French women also have a reputation for being chic.
Their secret is to create a minimalist wardrobe that is high on style and quality. If you would like to learn how they do it, you will love the following articles:
Buying Minimalist Basics
Many minimalists approach creating a minimalist closet by only owning clothes in simple classic styles and neutral colours.
The types of clothes they own may include items such as a LBD (Little black dress), white shirt, denim jeans, white t-shirts, beige trench coat.
There are both advantages and disadvantages to this approach.
- Everything mixes and matches
- It is a classic look rather than a trendy one which tends to date.
- If you are a woman with a classic style face and figure, think Princess Diana or Grace Kelly, you will suit this classic style of dressing.
- Some women will think this approach is the answer to their prayers and will start to buy this type of clothing. The problem comes when they don't stop and they end up with a huge pile of basics such as white t-shirts or jeans.
- Some women have a curvy body shape and look frumpy in classic styles.
- Some women don't suit neutrals such as black and white, which can be a bit stark they need a bit of colour in their clothing, such as soft pastels, brights or jewel colours.
- Some women are not classic in personality, they may be very creative or dramatic and suit clothes that more closely reflect their personalities.
If you are a classic type of woman, and this approach works for you, then great. If not, you need to bear in mind your colouring, body shape and personality and choose clothes that suit you. For example a creative woman who is very curvy would suit clothes with more flowing lines, such as a jersey wrap dress. A dramatic woman may choose to add an attention grabbing red jacket into her wardrobe.
If you would like to know which colours suit you, you may like to read:
The Holistic way to create a minimalist closet
Create a minimalist wardrobe based around your regular activities.
This is a more holistic approach and takes account of your individual lifestyle and the types of clothes that you need. The idea is to create minimalist wardrobe for each of your activities.
By using this approach you create a balanced wardrobe, containing only clothes that you need. It also ensures that you don’t miss out on any area of your life. This is where many women fall down - she receives an out of the blue invitation to a special occasion and suddenly panics as she has nothing to wear.
You can read more about this approach in the following articles:
- Minimalist Wardrobe Essentials – a humorous look at how to avoid a wardrobe meltdown
- Having a Wardrobe Crisis? The solution – build your wardrobe around your regular activities
- How to dress for parties and create a party capsule wardrobe
Once you have decided which approach you would like to take to create your minimalist closet, you can also start to think about adding a few accessories. They are also a great way to help you update your wardrobe. The following article has some easy and effective ideas.
Minimalist Accessories - Scarves
Scarves are a great minimalist accessory. As an example, take a basic outfit such as a white t-shirt and pair of jeans. With just one scarf you can create a variety of different looks. You can wear the scarf as a belt, wear it around your neck, tied in a multitude of different ways, or tied onto your handbag.
If you like the idea of wearing scarves, you may be interested to read the following articles which show you a variety of different ways in which you can tie and wear scarves:
Minimalist Accessories – Shoes
One of the challenges of creating a minimalist wardrobe is to create a corresponding minimalist shoe wardrobe. Many women have hundreds of pairs shoes and find it a real challenge to pare down to the bare essentials. Other women have too few shoes. Some have an unbalanced shoe wardrobe with too many shoes for one aspect of their lives, for example owning too many pretty party shoes , and not enough shoes for work or everyday.
In the following article, I hope to show you that by building up a small balanced wardrobe of shoes - about 12 pairs, you will have something suitable to take you anywhere.
My Minimalist Wardrobe Blog
If you are interested in trying to create a minimalist closet you may be interested to read and follow me on my blog - The Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe Blog.
It contains interesting and useful articles such as:
- The No.1 Top Tip for Minimalists
- How to redefine your style as a Minimalist
- Minimalist wardrobe essentials
- The film “A week with Marilyn” – a suprising source of inspiration for minimalist wardrobes.
- Minimalist Travel wardrobe and the advantages of travelling light
- Minimalist Travel wardrobe – Beach holiday essentials
My minimalist wardrobe - I have included photos of my own minimalist wardrobe
- A basic winter wardrobe
- The Five Piece wardrobe – the French way to create a minimalist wardrobe
- The reasons why people want to create a minimalist wardrobe
- Formal social wardrobes for Minimalists
- Week-end / casual wardrobes for Minimalists
- Smart / Casual Wardrobes for Minimalists
- Activewear wardrobes for Minimalists
- Outerwear wardrobes- coats and jackets- for Minimalists
- Minimalist Wardrobe for men
Click here to read my blog "Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe Blog"
My other Blogs
As well as being interested in helping others to create a minimalist wardrobe, I also have a passion for French style, dressing well and all things chic.
If you share these interests, you may like to read my other blogs:
- “How to dress French”
- “How to be Chic”
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE?
Join me and thousands of people from all around the world and write articles (Hubs) with Hubpages - an American company and start to earn passive income every month.
I live in England and joined three years ago and so far have 50 articles (Hubs), all written in my spare time. They earn me passive income every month. Some Hubbers have hundreds, even thousands of articles.
How does it work?
Hubpages provides the facility for you to write and publish articles online. They put adverts on the page which earn you money every month. Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it has the potential to earn you passive income every month for years.
What can I write about?
- Creative writing - such as short stories and poetry
- Product reviews
- Any subject you like. Examples include travel, hobbies, money, relationships, child-care, history, art, politics, fashion, technology etc
How much can I earn?
Hubpages puts adverts on our articles and we earn money every time someone reads the article - between US$3 to $8 per 1000 views. My average hubs are viewed/ read by about 30 people a day, my most popular hubs are read by 100 people a day. If you do the maths, you will see that a popular Hub, read 100 times a days, earns between US$110 to US$290 a year, and will continue to do so every year. Last year my hubs generated enough passive income to pay for my summer holiday and are on track to do the same again this year and every year.
How long does it take to write an article / Hub?
Some articles take me a couple of hours to write, others may take up to 5 hours to write. On average, I write one article a week. Many Hubpage members write more, some write less.
How much will it cost me?
- Nothing. Hubpages is FREE to join. You share your earnings with them. You keep 60%, they keep 40%. They want you to earn and make it easy for you.
It sounds too good to be true, where's the catch?
The catch is that you need to write good quality articles on subjects that enough people want to read about and make them easy to find on the internet.
How do I do this?
It is really easy when you know how. When you think about a topic you may want to write about, do the following:
- Think about some key phrases related to the subject.
- As an example, say you want to write a chicken curry recipe hub. Some connected phrases may be "How to cook a chicken curry", "Chicken Curry Recipe", "Recipe for Chicken Curry", "Easy Chicken Curry Recipe", "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe" - you get the idea..........
- Use the online "Adsense Keyword Tool". It is provided by Google and is free to use.
- To find it, simply type in Adsense Keyword Tool into search.
- Type in all of your phrases. The keyword tool will then tell you how many people a month are typing in these phrases.
- Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month.
- As an example, say you notice that 3000 people a month search for "How to cook a chicken curry" compared to only 500 who search for "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe".
- You call your article the most searched for phrase - "How to cook a chicken curry"
- Include this phrase into both the title and the content of your hub.
- Your article now stands a good chance of appearing on the first page of the Search Engines search results page, being clicked on and read.
What you are doing is finding out exactly what people want, the exact phrases they are typing into the search engines to find it, and writing articles that give them what they are looking for. You make it easy for them to find your article by using their search phrase in your title and content.
Give people what they are looking for and you will make money.
How else can I earn with Hubpages?
- Sell E-Bay and Amazon Products on your Hubs and earn commission.
- Encourage a friend to join Hubpages and receive 10% of their earnings
Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it will earn you money every day for years. That is passive income.
If I can do it, so can you.
Follow these six easy steps to join hubpages and start earning:
I recommend writing them down so you know what to do.
- Join Hubpages, the link is below, then.....
- Activate the Hubpages Earnings Programme to allow adverts to be shown on your account.
- Set up a PayPal Account. Hubpages pay your earnings into this account. If you already have one, this can be used.
- Think of a subject for your first "Hub .
- Search for and use Adsense Keyword Tool (It is a free to use tool.) Type in a few key phrases related to the topic of your hub. Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month and include this phrase in the title and content of your hub.
- Write and publish your first "Hub".
Remember, it is FREE to join, so you have nothing to lose. If thousands of other people around the world can make a passive income online with Hubpages, so can you.
To join Hubpages and start making money Click Here . Good Luck
More by this Author
There are many chic women in the world, some famous such as Chic Icon Audrey Hepburn, others not so famous. You have probably met one of these chic women, admired her style and perhaps even tried to copy her, but...
How to create a minimalist wardrobe for women using the secrets of chic French Parisian women. Learn which basic clothing items are essential and how to accessorise to make your minimalist wardrobe stylish.
Choosing to become a lady is empowering and the benefits are numerous. Learn how to be a lady, how to act like a lady, how to dress like a lady, how to be ladylike, how to act proper, and the benefits