Miracle Beauty Treatments with Epsom Salt
Soak in Miraculous Epsom Salt!
I'm a long time fan of Epsom salts for easing sore, strained muscles and relieving sprains. Any athlete should all ready know that. But did you know about the numerous miracle beauty treatments that Epsom salts can provide?
Just a twelve minute soak in two cups of Epsom salt in a nice warm bath will:
- Treat skin problems
- Relax the nervous system
- Draw toxins from the body
- Neutralize Odor (Come on, we all get kind of smelly if we've had a sweaty workout!)
- Soften Skin
Not only that, but the magnesium in the Epsom salts will also:
- Ease Stress
- Create a happy, peaceful feeling due to leveling out serotonin levels
- Lower blood pressure
- Raise energy levels and increase stamina by encouraging the production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate). ATPS are considered by biologists to be the energy currency of life.
- Reduce irritability by lowering the affects of adrenaline (Can anyone say PMS Go Away?!)
- Help regulates the electrical functions that spark through miles of nerves
WOW! I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty miraculous to me. It's also great for your hair.
Add unbelievable volume to thin hair
- Combine equal parts Epsom salt to equal parts of your favorite conditioner.
- Warm the mixture in a pan, but not too hot because you don't want to burn yourself.
- Work into DRY hair, wrap in a towel for at least twenty minutes.
- Rinse in warm water.
Great to treat oily hair
- If you have oily hair add about eight tablespoons of Epsom salts to a cup of your favorite shampoo.
- Mix well and then put it on DRY hair, work it in really well and then rinse with coolish water.
Miracle Beauty Treatments with Epsom Salt:
- Super Exfoliate your skin with two cups Epsom salt mixed with 1/4 petroleum jelly. Apply in circular motions, rinse well, pat dry and moisturize for lusciously soft skin.
- Give yourself a super deep pore cleansing facial by adding 1/2 teaspoon Epsom salt with your favorite cleansing cream. Massage gently on skin and rinse with coolish water. Pat dry and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment right at home. Massage handfuls of Epsom salt over wet skin to exfoliate. Rinse well and moisturize for silky smooth, and healthier skin!
A great gift idea is to sprinkle some essential oil over the epsom salt. Just lay it out flat on wax paper, spritz withe essential oil. Allow it to dry a bit and then mix well. Put in a decorate glass jar, or even mason jars. Tie on a festive ribbon and your friends will be delighted!
More by this Author
The almond is one of the oldest known aphrodisiacs and fertility symbol. It's even mentioned in the Bible as Samson courted Delilah with fragrant almond branches. In India they use the kernel of the almond in healing...
The Cayenne is a red hot chili pepper, also known as capsicum. The origin of the word Capsicum is somewhat a mystery. It's assumed to be derived from the Greek word "kapto", which means to bite. True to...
Who would think that you could help cure a low sex drive with coriander? Of course you should always consult your physician if you have any on going sexual dysfunction, but coriander can be a quick fix. It's natural...