Top 4 Reasons Why You Need a Facial Moisturizer
Know your skin type
Do not use your body moisturizer on your face. The face is more sensitive than the body which means that it has a different need than the rest of your body.
One common mistake made when using skin products is that people tend to use a product that is not suited for their skin type. Most will claim that they have sensitive skin but the truth is that they are not really sure. It is not hard to determine the type of skin that you have. One way is to feel your skin at the end of the day. Check your T-zone if it is dry, oily, or somewhat a combination of both.
Below are simple guidelines on the type of moisturizers to use.
Use lotions and those that contain lactic glycolic and salicylic acids for exfoliating effect.
Creams are ideal for people with dry skin especially during the cold weather. The oil content in a cream is higher so you can have more moisturizer for your skin.
Put on a thin amount of ointment before going to bed.
It is not easy to find the products for a combination skin type. It is highly recommended to use lotions that do not contain acids such as Cetaphil, Neutrogena, or Aveeno.
Why you need a facial moisturizer
1. Keeps skin hydrated.
2. Keeps the skin integrity and prevents bacteria from getting in your skin.
3. Replenishes the outer skin layer.
4. Protection from the sun.
How to find the right skin moisturizer
It may take some time for you to find the appropriate moisturizer. Sometimes it is a trial-and-error method before you achieve the desired results. If the one that you are using is not producing the effect that you want, try new ones. Here are some helpful tips:
1. Take note of the active ingredients such as the following:
It will also be helpful to choose products that are made by reputable companies.
2. Protect your skin from getting damaged from the sun by using moisturizers that have added sunscreen. This is one way of preserving and keeping your skin younger-looking. Choose a moisturizer that has at least SPF 30.
3. The skin on the face is much thinner and more sensitive so make sure that you use a different moisturizer on your face and body. Non-comedogenic labels are recommended because these won't clog your pores. Make sure that you know your skin type.
How to use a facial moisturizer
Know how to apply moisturizer
Moisturizer keeps your face looking young and healthy. Watch this video to learn how to properly apply moisturizer.
© 2014 goddess888
More by this Author
I never thought that I will walk the path of a freelancer. Somehow during that time, it was the available option if I want to earn even just a few hundreds.
Withdrawing your earnings from Upwork is pretty easy. There are various methods to choose from.
Dark underarms can leave you feeling conscious. Lighten your dark underarms.
No comments yet.