Must Have Beauty Tips & Tricks
Beauty Tricks to Live By!!
- Play up your lips OR eyes. Never both. Both will leave you looking too heavily done. If you want smoky eyes, go for a nude lip. If you want bright red lips, go for a light eye-shadow and mascara, and skip the eye-liner. Playing up one major feature will draw eyes to that particular place, and will even your face out.
- For pimples, rub a dab of toothpaste or Vaseline on them to take the red away.
- Need your teeth whitened but can’t afford dentist quality? Brush your teeth with baking soda mixed with hydrogen peroxide – just don’t swallow!
- Crisco is a huge beauty friend! Use it as an eye-makeup remover, a rich moisturizer, or even for psoriasis or eczema.
- Less is always more! You will always look better with less makeup than more. Your natural beauty is your best asset! All you really need is concealer for blemishes, a great mascara, and some blush. Other additives can look great too, just don’t overdo it, and make sure you know how to wear it.
- A little bit of red or orange in the center of your lips will make them look fuller.
- Store your nail polish in the refrigerator. It will never separate this way! If it gets hardened at all, place the bottle in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes – it will come out smooth and fresh.
- Pepto Bismal works great as a facial!
- Know your best feature and play it up! If you have Angelina Jolie lips, wear lip gloss every day and lipstick often! If your eyes are sexy, master the smoky eye look for night and lighten it up to play to your natural beauty in the day.
- For dark eye circles, rub a light concealer stick under your eyes – think raccoon – and blend with a darker colored concealer. Brush over with powder and add blush to your cheekbones. Raw potato slices placed on your under eye circles at night will help this too. Cucumber slices and wet tea bags are useful too.
- For eyes that pop, line the bottom inside of your eyes with white eye-liner.
- Red head? Rinse your hair with cranberry juice from time to time. It will brighten your color.
- Have no makeup but need a quick fix? Flip your hair over and tousle it. Stay bent over for a few minutes – this will bring blood flow to your face. Pinch your cheeks to give a “blush” effect. Hold the top of your eye lashes against your eyelids to curl them – this will give your eyes an “opened” look. Apply chap stick or Vaseline to your lips, and go!
- To perk up tired eyes, rub a dab of Aloe Vera gel to your lids and around the sides for a temporary firming look.
- To keep flyaway brows in place, use a dab of conditioner or lip gloss and sleek over your entire brow.
- Apply concealer to your eyelids before applying eye-shadow to prevent oily lids and that awful makeup crease.
- Rub cinnamon tea on your face for a glowing complexion
- Mix crushed garlic with oatmeal for a scrub that will help rid of whiteheads AND blackheads.
- Avocado and honey is a great mix for a deep conditioning hair treatment.
Links to Skin Care Information
- Skin health using vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from OnHealth
Vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients help make your skin healthy and glowing. Get them from foods, supplements, and topical creams.
- WebMD Skin & Beauty Center - From skin care to cosmetic surgery, find health and beauty informat
Looking for skin care advice? Considering cosmetic procedures? Perhaps you're bothered by a rash, acne, or psoriasis? Whatever the issue, find the latest skin care and beauty information here.
TAKE THIS POLL!!
Ladies!! What is the ONE beauty product you can not live without??See results without voting
More by this Author
If you have a bulldog, you know it is very important to clean their wrinkles. Read on for information about infection prevention and treatment.
Do you have a rottweiler? They are a great breed, but highly misunderstood. Read more to find out what you need to do to ensure you have a friendly, well-behaved, and non-aggressive dog.
Wondering if you could be pregnant? There are a few signs that can happen very early in pregnancy, even before a missed period.