Natural Acne Treatment
Rosemary for Acne
Rosemary is good for acne prone skin it has healing properties that help clear up acne. It will also be beneificial for dry skin, and keep away buildup of bacteria. Studies have shown that rosemary contains antioxidants, anti-inflamirtories, and antimicrobial properties.
All Natural Rosemary Toner
Toning your skin after cleansing helps to shrink up your pores tightening up your skin. Also aids in proper blood circulation in your skin. This rosemary toner will provide that aswell as help you with your acne breakouts.
What You Will Need
To make this all natural toner all you will need is a few simple ingredients. The ingredients you use can be found in most kitchens. If you don't have the ingredients on hand you can easily find them at your local grocery store.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of dried tyme
You will also need a small glass jar or bottle to keep your toner in, and cotton balls to apply the toner with, strainer,and a bowl.
Add to Pot
Pour in Jar
How to make the toner
To make this acne fighting toner follow these simple steps.
- add one cup of water into a pot
- add one or two tablespoons of dried rosemary to the water
- add 1 teaspoon of tyme to the water
- bring the water to a boil then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer
- let simmer for 10 minutes
- after 10 minutes turn off the heat and wait until the mixture is completely cooled off.
- put strainer over the bowl and pour mixture into it, so all the herbs will be in the strainer and you are left with the liquid in the bowl.
- through out the herbs and pour the liquid into a jar or bottle.
How to Use Your Toner
Now that your toner is complete go ahead and try it out. To use the toner simply wash your face with your regular cleanser with warm water and rinse off. After that take a cotton ball and dip it in the toner and apply to your face. Let it dry and your all done.
So far I have been using this as my toner for over a week now and have noticed a great deal of change with my acne. After only two days i had less redness on my pimples and they started to shrink up. I had a breakout on my chin and now it is almost all cleared up. The routine I have been doing is cleanse and tone once in the morning and once at night and exfoliate once a week.