Piercings – 10 Facts you don’t know about it
1. Most common form of piercing is ear piercing. The oldest earrings found were dated around 2,500 BC .
2. Although ear piercing is very common between women, during history many famous men like Julius Caesar , William Shakespeare or Francis Drake wore elaborate earrings.
3. In some countries from Africa people practice a form of piercing consisting in inserting a disc in their lower lip from childhood. After several insertions with gradually enlarged discs the lower lip can reach on occasion around 15 centimeters in diameter.
4. According to a study conducted in England on people over the age of 16 approximately 10% had body piercings in sites other than the earlobe. Among the most common body types the navel was on top (around a third) followed by nose and ear (other spot then earlobe).
5. The record for most permanent piercings is held by a Scottish woman with 4,225 certified piercings.
6. In “Kama Sutra” there are descriptions of genital piercing, both male and female, in order to achieve sexual enhancement.
7. In some Southern Asian religious rituals there are performed extreme piercings as a form of spiritual self-mortification.
8. Due to infections that may occur after a piercing, almost 1% of those who perform a piercing require hospital admission.
9. It was determined that a very high percent of those who performed tongue piercing will develop gapped teeth as a result of constant pushing of metal insertion between your front teeth.
10. In some American states you have to be over the age of 18 to receive a piercing without parental consent. In Massachusetts, piercing was forbidden by law. In year 2000, this particular law was repealed.
- The DO NOT list!
- Top 10 richest people on the planet in the year 2011
- Tattoos 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Animals - 10 things you don't know about
- Vaccines 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Cigarettes 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Coffee - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Wedding rings - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Coins - 10 Facts you don't know about it
- Parachutes 10 Facts you don't know about it
- T-shirts - 10 Facts you don't know about it
More by this Author
1.The custom of given a wedding ring have the origins in Ancient Egypt. After them, Ancient Romans used wedding rings as the last from a series of gifts traditionally given as a betrothal gift . 2.The round shape of a...
1. The oldest parachute design appear in a manuscript from 1470. Although the surface area of the parachute design is too small to be effective, the design is quite similarly with the modern shape of parachutes . 2....