Beautiful Red Plus Size Dresses That Will Turn Slim Women Green With Envy
My hand-picked collection of sexy beautiful plus size red dresses to rock your body and get all those slim ladies around you wish that they had at least half of your beautiful curves to fill their dresses!
Plus Size Red Dress to Rock Your Curves
Plus Size Fashion
As the holiday season draws closer with all its personal and professional social gatherings we start looking for that stunning dress that will make us feel like a Princess. But as any well dressed woman knows, finding that special dress is not that easy and it requires planning ahead. Choosing a dress for a special occasion is not just about going to the nearest mall and buying the first dress you see. Choosing a special dress involves planning what accessories you are going to wear, what type of underwear, your makeup and hair do and even what you are planning to do when wearing that dress.
It is not the same to wear a dress to a formal dinner, where you are going to spend most of the time sitting down, as to wear a dress to a cocktail party where you are going to be walking around socialising most of the evening. For a dinner you should emphasize the upper part of your body as it is what will be on show all night, and you can wear crazy high heels as you are going to spend most of the night sitting down. For a cocktail party you need to wear a flattering dress to skim over your bumps and enhance your curves plus comfortable heels to get you through the party.
How to Choose a Plus Size Dress
If you wear plus size clothing I would recommend special care when buying an outfit. Clothes do not look the same in photos or in the shop as they do when you wear them. Each of us has their own bumps to disguise and areas that we love to expose because they are toned and sexy. The same size 16 dress will look different on two different size 16 women with different body shapes.
Plus size red dress on Amazon
Feel like a million dollar babe with this amazing red dress available up to size 26 plus
Look And Learn From Others
I always like to look at the celebrities and how they look with certain clothes. I would recommend you do the same. Look at plus size celebrities and see what plus size clothes suit them best. Once you have done a tour of what other plus size women are wearing you can choose the one that you can identify with for body shape. For example you might be apple shaped like Beth Ditto or more hourglass shaped like America Ferrara.
Find the celebrity that shares your body shape and carefully look at what suits her. Be careful, I am not saying copy her style, but learn from herwhat looks good and what not in that body shape, so you can avoid her mistakes and incorporate her winning looks to create your own personal style.
Short Plus size Red Dress to Show off your legs
Sexy Red Plus Size Dress
Scarlet sexy signature lace dress
Plus Size Red Dress
Most women who wear plus size clothes opt for hiding their figures behind oversized black clothes. There are other, plus size women who are proud of their curves and choose to flaunt what they have. If you are in the second group and want to flaunt and make a lasting impression, there is nothing better than wearing a bold colour like red.
Forget black and pastel colours and go for bold shades. At least once, go for a vibrant colour and notice the difference that it makes on your looks and the way others perceive you. You will love wearing red.
If you thought that red dresses were only for the slim and daring, have a second look at the celebrities below, all of them wearing beautiful red dresses to enhance their shape and boost their self esteem. Also look at the model on the red wearing a red lace dress she looks stunning in such a vibrant color.
American singer-songwriter Beth Ditto wearing red dressesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Queen Latifah looks fabulous in this red gown
Choosing a Plus size Red Dress : Choose quality
Knit maxi features a braided cinch belt and elastic at the empire waist, a ruched bust and tiered raw hem.
Choosing a Plus size Red Dress
Red is a bold colour that will make you stand out in a crowd. To choose the best dress to suit your shape you can follow the plus size celebrities’ tips on how to wear a red dress and look stunning.
- Choose quality. Nothing can ruin a look more than bad quality materials. A dress in jersey is not the same dress if made in cotton. Choose materials that suit the cut of your dress. Another advantage of choosing good quality materials is that your dress will last longer. Let’s face it, if you have spent several days choosing your dress and you look great in it, you want to wear it again and again. The best materials for plus size clothing are cotton and wool. You’d better forget about clingy and cheap materials, they will ruin your look.
Red dresses with V-neckline
Choosing a Plus size Red Dress
- The best length is just above the knee, unless you are very daring and you have slim legs, don’t go any shorter if you wear a plus size.
- Pencil skirts and pencil skirt dresses look great on hourglass shaped women.
- Mark your waist. If you have an hourglass figure mark your waist with a belt in a contrasting colour. You can also wear a strong hold belt-corset over your dress to add curves to your silhouette.
- If you have
wide shoulders go for an off-shoulder dress like the one on the second photo.
Plus Size Red Dresses
Show some flesh
- Show some flesh. Yes, if you have a pretty and generous bust, flaunt it. Go for V necklines, the deeper the better. A V neckline creates an optical illusion, slimming down your upper body. A good example of this plunging neckline is the folding or faux-wrap dress and the dress on the right. Notice how it elongates the figure.
- As a word of warning, try only one asset at a time. If you want to show off a generous bust, go for a long hemline and vice versa. Avoid wearing both: a mini dress with a deep neckline, you risk to look tarty.
- If you are heavy on the hips, a wide skirt will hide any unsightly bumps. Go for a length that suits your size. It is safe to say not too short but not too long. Neither. Empire style dresses nor baby-doll dresses can be very flattering.
- Empire style dresses are a good option for apple and pear shaped figures.
- Go for matt materials instead of shiny ones. Shiny materials add volume to your silhouette.
- Try to wear simple cut dresses that are not overly fussy, and make them pop out wearing them in vibrant colours like red.
- Don't over-accessorize. Make your red dress a statement on its own. Go light on accessories.
Cover with style and Mark your waist with a belt like Nikki Blonsky
- Cover your defaults with style. You can wear an off-the-shoulder dress but if your arms are tubby and not firm you are better covering your arms with a black shawl, a pashmina, a lace bolero or a black cardigan. You can also wear transparent sleeves as long as they are not balloon style or too tight.
Plus Size Black Boleros
Plus size red dresses from Torrid.comClick thumbnail to view full-size
Where to Buy a plus size red dress
If you want to buy plus size dresses Be Beautiful, Be Bold, Be You, Trendy Plus Size Women's Fashion at Torrid.com is the best place to find fashionable clothing for young women size 12 to 26. With Torrid style, size is no limit to how fabulous you can be.
Torrid has a unique women’s plus-size fashion line inspired by fashion icons, runway shows, music and pop culture. Now, they have also added to their own collection styles from hot labels like Betsey Johnson and Jezebel. Torrid is the destination for trendy plus-size fashion.
Accessorize but keep it simple: black heels, bare legs, a thin bracelet and a ring works well for Nikki Blonsky
Accessorize a red dress
A bold red dress doesn’t need much in the way of accessories, but the few accessories that you choose must enhance your total look. Some ideas to enhance a red dress are:
- Wear Black High Heels to frame your red dress. Go for high heels to make you look instantly taller and slimmer. I prefer those high heels with round points and chunky heels as they are more comfortable to wear all day long and also they look more proportional to your figure. Luckily, chunky heels are all the rage this season. Beware that wedge heels can make you look chunky and heavy. Choose a stylized model to elongate your legs. If you have thick legs and ankles then chunky heels will look more in tune with your silhouette, stiletto heels can emphasize the thickness of your ankles.
- Wear your red dress with clear tights or stockings or even bare legs if your pins are tanned. Black tights can ruin the look of a red dress, especially if you have chunky legs, instead of making your legs look slimmer (usually black does) the overall look is heavy on the eye.
- The best handbag to go with a red dress is a Black Clutch Bag. Your red dress is a statement on its own so go easy with any other accessory. Clutch bags give you a sophisticated look and black is always a safe bet to avoid clashing with your dress.
- Add some understated jewellery. Swarovsky has a beautiful collection of jewellerythat is both understated and elegant. Bold and beautiful XXL jewellery is very popular this season. Fluid silhouettes and dazzlingly opulent necklaces. Eye-catching statement necklaces and large cocktail rings create a confident look. Long necklaces and Y silhouettes are must-haves too.
For a Different Look, accesorize your dress
Michelle Obama wearing a red dressClick thumbnail to view full-size
Things to Avoid when Choosing a Plus Size red dress:
- If you wear plus size clothing, in most cases you should avoid swimming style cuts in the back, they will make you look like a swimmer who has had too many steroids.
- Avoid deep cuts in the back of your dress. It is difficult to control what you cannot see so it is better to cover your back and avoid deep plunging cuts that might expose love handles and other unsightly bumps.
- Wear dresses that hug your figure but at the same time are NOT skin-tight.
- Also avoid overloading your silhouette with overlappings or too many colors. Red is a statement on its own, with a vibrant red dress you don't need anything else but a good pair of high heels lo elongate your figure.
Three Easy Rules For Wearing Red
- Three Easy Rules For Wearing Red, Courtesy Of Mrs. Obama:
1) Choose something tailored. 2) Don't over-accessorize. 3) Make black your go-to neutral. Go for something with sharp lines and a fairly conservative cut, like Michelle, to avoid looking too come-hither.
Look how hot Sara Ramirez looks in a Red dressClick thumbnail to view full-size
Strike A Pose And Accept Yourself
Finally, the best way to look stunning in your plus size dress is to stand up straight, keep up a good posture and smile. You are beautiful regardless of your body shape and you are proud of who you are so show it off!
More by this Author
The most important thing when choosing swimwear is to feel comfortable in it and to look fab, not fat. Yes, you want to stop worrying about your shape while you are at the beach or swimming pool.
Plus size wedding dresses. Tips to buy a plus size wedding dress and some of the best addresses to find the wedding gown of your dreams.
Make a dramatic impression with these jeans that fit. Whether it is skinny, super chic, minimalistic or very ornate, here are some tips to find plus size jeans that fit and flatter your figure.