Oh No Another One and It Hurts - Remedies for Skin Problems
Hit by a Zit??? Here's how to get rid of acne the natural way..
There's not a worse puberty crisis then spotting a huge zit on your face just as you were getting ready for that much awaited party. There are many tips & tricks both commercial & herbal to fix such skin problems. Piling up concealers or pricking them may solve the zit issue for time being but why this happens in the first place, is the question to ponder upon.
According to skin specialists, zits or pimples can be caused by multiple reasons. The foremost being puberty; When the sebaceous (oil) glands present in the skin become more active & block the pores causing a buildup of sebum or oil just below the epidermis layer. This in turn stimulates bacterial infections causing inflammation of the surrounding tissues which results in a small pimple on the skin.
If this sebum breaks though to the surface, a whitehead occurs. However if the oil accumulates melanin pigment, the oil changes from white to black, thus causing a "blackhead." Blackheads are therefore not dirt, and do not reflect poor hygiene.
It is quite natural to poke a pimple & reduce the inflammation, however it simply irritates the skin, deflaming the pimple for the time being but causing redness, scars or scarily infection & more pimples. The best & quickest tactic is to apply a blob of toothpaste on the inflammation to dry it out. You can also try rubbing an ice cube wrapped in a gauze to cool the skin & reduce the inflammation caused by the acne.
For long term solution taking a healthy diet is most important as it maintains the body nutrient requirement thus keeping it sound & toxin free. A healthy body has a direct relation to healthy skin, So all you young adults out there..if you are aiming for a healthy flawless skin, make sure you intake a healthy diet. But mind you, burgers & fries are not healthy food so as to contradict the young minds out there!
How to get a healthy skin
Here are a few tips for a healthy body & skin:
- 1. Increase the intake of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and seeds. The best & delicious way is to concoct smoothies & snacks using a variety of your favorite fruits. Strawberry & banana make a delicious blend. Opt for healthy cereals comprising of nuts, dried seeds & oats. You can even mix up one yourself mixing up the stuff you like instead of buying off the shelf.
- Drink at least 8-12 glasses of water per day. Juices or tea do not fulfill your body's water requirement. Keeping the skin hydrated helps you sweat, purifying your body of toxins that may otherwise incur blocked pores or acne.
- Caffeine & alcoholic beverages should be limited since they increase the stress levels in the body.
- Avoid using too many commercial products on your skin. The harsh chemicals tend to either strip off the skin's natural oils or make it extra oily in some cases. Prefer natural products with ingredients like tea tree oil, almond oil, aloe Vera etc that are good for your skin.
In-case of a serious skin problem, it is better to consult a skin specialist who can prescribe proper medication to ease your trouble in a much efficient way. Keeping your skin clean & blemish free is not that difficult. Develop a skin care routine & stick to it religiously. Many products are available in the market for different skin types that can be used in ease at home. However it is best to get a facial or cleansing done by an expert every now & then.
Try these home remedies for oily skin
Home remedies are the best for treating common skin problems. Since oily skin is most prone to pimples & acne, below are some special treatments that can be done at home easily by yourself or better yet invite over some friends & have a skin care party.
- Mint has always been popular in skin care regimes due to its antibacterial properties. Apply fresh mint juice over the face every night for treating
pimples, insect stings, eczema, scabies, & other skin infections. It has a cooling effect on skin which is very pleasant.
- Dry orange peels in the shade & grind it in some water. Make sure to scrape off the white part as much as you can. mix in some rose water or milk & apply on and around pimples. This is an amazing mask that can be applied all over the skin just avoid the eye area.
- Mix lime juice and rose water in equal portions. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with water.
- Take the juice of half a lemon. Wrap an ice cube in a gauze & dip in the lemon juice rubbing softly all over your face, especially targeting the acne prone area. Leave till its dry then wash off.
- Make a paste of sandalwood with rose water. Apply a think layer on the entire face & neck. Don't let it dry completely as it tends to crack easily. Wash with plain water.
- A mask of grated apple mixed with a little honey is an excellent remedy for pimples. Most facial masks can be applied to the skin for 15-20 minutes then washed off with warm water, followed by a cold rinse.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly with facial scrubs available in the market, or
make your own. Take a teaspoon of course salt or sugar, mix it
with a few drops of almond oil & massage on the skin softly. This is a great exfoliating treatment & can be done on the whole body before taking a shower.
- Use boiled milk combined with fresh lime juice as facial wash for cracked skin, blackheads, and pimples. Leave it on for 15 minutes then wipe off using damp cotton wipes. Wash face with plain water & pat dry.
- Grated cucumber is also a cooling agent that helps to lighten the skin tone as well as improve its texture.
Keep in mind that every treatment is to be done on clean skin, i.e. washed with just water. Keep a bottle of rose water in your fridge & spray on face as many times you can but especially after using skin treatments. It acts as a toner & helps to shrink pores. The treatments mentioned above also help in improving complexion thus countering blemishes caused by over exposure to sun.
Always moisturize after applying masks or exfoliating to keep your skin super hydrated at all times. Keep wet wipes or tissues in your purse & wipe the dirt & grime off the face after every few hours.
Practicing even a few of these tips regularly will help you get rid of your skin problems & achieve beautiful glowing skin naturally highlighting you in all the special moments of your life.
For more skin treatments & home made masks ideas check out the links below.
- Facial Masks for Oily Skin | Expert Village Videos
Facial Masks for Oily Skin. A makeup and skin care expert shows you how to use facial masks for oily skin types in this free skin care video. Free video clips on ExpertVillage.com.
- Tips for Taking Care of Your Skin
Sometimes it may seem like your skin is impossible to manage, especially when you find a huge zit on your nose or a cold sore at the corner of your mouth. Here are ways to prevent and treat common skin problems.
- Homemade Face Masks -- Create Your Own Facial Masks -- Do-It-Yourself Face Masks
Don't want to use store bought face masks? Make your own homemade face masks using ingredients found in your kitchen (or your back yard). These do-it-yourself face mask recipes work on several different skin types.
- WikiAnswers - What is the best facial scrub for acne prone skin
Skin Care question: What is the best facial scrub for acne prone skin? Please help us answer this question.
More by this Author
The delicious creamy taste of fruits blended with yogurt gives smoothies a special zing. Loved by one and all, be it children or adults banana smoothies are the yummiest snack food. They also go well with other snack...
A scrumptious blueberry cheese cake The famous Austrian-born American actress Hedy Lamarr once said, "Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake." That is quite...
"Mousse" in French means "foam", & who wouldn't love creamy chocolate converted into a delectable double chocolate mousse! Well buck up you all choco-holics, because I have here the easiest...