Review: 'Clean + Easy Personal Roll On Waxer'; and how to use it correctly for excellent mess free home-waxing
Like every other normal female in this world, I too hate spending extravagant amounts of money for waxing at parlors. Before buying 'Clean + Easy Personal Roll on waxer ' I used to spend around $85 each month for the same. I tried waxing at home a few times but it got so messy every time that I stopped. The parlor that I go to, actually uses the professional version of this product. So I just went ahead and bought the 'Clean + Easy Personal Roll-On waxer'.
The Clean and Easy Personal Roll on Waxer is the at home version of the professional version. This is great to have because it is a spin off of the professional version and really is better than all the other options that you get at CVS or Walgreens.
The kit includes an electric Warmer and 15 non woven strips. You will also get two kinds of wax refills, a facial roller head and one leg roller head.
The product benefits are that you can remove hair from your legs, arms, face and body. While you are waxing your skin there are exfoliating agents that will remove dead skin while eliminating unwanted hair. This little combination works to leave skin nice and smooth.
Since you're waxing and not shaving you will get to escape nicks, razor stubble and cuts. Re-growth comes at a much slower rate so you will not have to remove hair as often as you're used to.
It is recommended that you test this waxing process on your inner thigh just to make sure that you don't have any allergic reactions to it. Especially if you have sensitive skin. Wait 24 hours after you have tested it out and see how it works for you.
I bought this product from Sally's for $33.99, but I checked and at amazon.com you get it cheaper (starts from $23). I've given some links below for your convenience.
Now at some point you are going to run out of wax and some other things that come with the kit. So, I am going to recommend to you the Clean and Easy Roll on Waxer Refill for $8.99, (links below) which normally retails for $11.99. My personal usage observations say that this refill will take care of two whole sets of legs and hands easily, with a little quantity left. I'm very slim. It might vary for others.
The refill kit comes with one medium refill, one large roller head and15 non woven strips.
I was a little apprehensive before buying this product, because I saw a few reviews stating some difficulties while using it. So when I bought it, I was well expecting some struggles. It made me read the instruction booklet extra carefully and use my common sense more. Now that I've used it, I'm 100% satisfied, and just love it! No mess at all! Very easy. For those who would like to know how to make this product a wonderful solution to all their waxing problems, I've written a step-by step-guide below. I've also given my personal tips to make your waxing experience very smooth and easy.
Step-by-step Guide to use the product correctly for maximum benefits:
a) Read all the instructions in the Instruction Booklet. It will really help you.
b) Everything is explained very nicely in the booklet, but I'd like to add some points which helped me personally. My step-by-step guide is very comprehensive, but I can't press enough the importance of reading the booklet. It has some pictorial directions, that'll be very beneficial.
1. Remove both the Refill caps, and replace them with the roll on heads. Your applicators are set. (In a complete pack, you'll get one refill for body and one smaller refill for face. They can be warmed simultaneously.)
2. Put both applicators in the electric warmer that comes with the package. Plug the electric warmer keeping in mind the polarity of the plug.
3. Let the wax warm for 45 min.
4. Be sure to wash the areas to be waxed with soap and water. Dry completely before waxing. I would suggest Don't put talcum powder on skin as it will make the wax clot on the waxer.
5. The wax will be ready after 45 min.
6. Take the applicator out. Hold upside down and wait a few seconds to let the air bubble rise up and wax to get into the applicator head. Roll the applicator in the direction shown on the applicator head. Roll some wax on the paper. This will help get a continuous flow of wax when using on skin.
7. Hold applicator at an angle of 45 degrees to the area to be waxed and roll in the direction shown on the applicator head and along the direction of hair growth.
8. A thin layer of wax comes out, and that's all that's needed. This helps in economizing on the waxing strips too.
9. Don't forget to keep the applicator inside the warmer and close the lid as soon as you apply the wax over your skin. The wax needs to keep rewarming for proper results.
10. 15 non-woven waxing strips come with the package and also with every refill pack. Keep the strip over the wax covered area and rub 4-5 times vigorously in the direction of hair growth. Pull out in the opposite direction. Do not remove strip perpendicular to skin. Pull it parallel to skin. (Refer photo in instruction booklet.) Else the hair will break instead of getting uprooted.
11. While applying the wax, you might feel a little pain (due to hair getting pulled), as this wax is a little tighter than our normal waxes. But it is completely compensated by the benefits.
12. Finish it off by applying finishing oil or an odorless moisturizing lotion to soothe the skin.
Overall, I'd give this product 4.5/5.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask me. If you would like to try out this product, I have some links below. A couple of them have free shipping too. Please feel free to browse and try it. Also, if you find this article helpful, please vote 'useful', 'beautiful', or suchlike below :). If you follow my instructions, you will love this product!
Edits and Updates:
12/15/2010 , 7:58 PST
Edit 1: In the step by step guide, in point 4, I changed the suggestion from "put talcum powder" to "don't put talcom powder". This is because I noticed that it made the wax clot inside the waxer, and is then difficult to remove.