Rolex Cellini Dress Watches for Men
Rolex Cellini Dress Watches for Men
Benvenuto Cellini was a 16th century sculptor, goldsmith, silversmith, author, and musician, and one of the most influential artists of the Mannerism Period of the High Renaissance. Cellini admittedly murdered five people, including his wife from whom he was separated, but still found favor with kings and popes. The Mannerism style is noted for being intellectually sophisticated and artificial, as opposed to being naturalistic.
The History of Rolex
- Rolex was registered as a trademark in Switzerland and 1908, and the company name was registered in
- 1915. Since 1905, Hans Wilsdorf and Alfred Davis, his brother-in-law, had been importing Swiss
- movements from England and placing them in watch cases with the hallmark W&D inside the quality
- caseback. In 1914, Rolex was the first wristwatch to be awarded the Class A Precision Certificate by
- the Kew Observatory. This distinction was historically awarded only to marine chronometers.
- Rolex has brought many innovations to the wristwatch making industry, including the first waterproof
- watch (1923) and the first 100 m waterpoof watch (1953), the first watches to have changing day and
- date, and to simultaneously display two time zones (1954). Some members of the Hillary expedition, the first to reach the top of Mount Everest in 1953, wore Rolex Oysters.
The Rolex Cellini Mens Line
The Prince was created in 1928 and discontinued for a while in late 1940s. This watch was hailed for its chronometric precision. With its rectangular shape and perfect movement, it is still regarded as a watch of elegance and distinction. The Prince has a sapphire crystal and is offered in white gold with a black and silver dial and black leather strap, yellow gold with a gold dial and brown leather strap, white gold with a silver godron dial and black leather strap, white gold with a dial set with diamonds and a black leather strap, and everose with a flamme de la gloire dial and a black leather strap. It features a 7040 caliber manually wound movement developed by Rolex, which can be viewed through the transparent case back.
The Cestello is named after the San Frediano, a church in Florence, Italy. Saint Magdalena de Pazzi, who lived from 1566-1607 and was canonized in 1662, lived in a convent on the church grounds. The Cellini Danaos Mens Rolex watch has a sapphire crystal, and hand wound movement. It is offered in pink or white gold, with a black mother of pearl dial and a brown leather strap.
The Cellinium is a platinum watch with a sapphire crystal, ice blue, or a mother of pearl or black dial. It has hand wound movement and black leather strap.
The Danaos has a sapphire crystal and hand wound movement. This white gold watch features a black and silver dial and a black leather strap. The Danaos men's watch is also offered in extra large, with a 38 mm strap.
Rolex watches are proven for their quality time keeping and sophisticated styling. Prices range according to materials used and model.
ROLEX Cellini Prince
- The Truth behind Gel Manicure
Thinking about getting your first gel manicure? Here's everything you need to know before you take the plunge.
- Learn How to Make Your Own Spa Products
Spa products are so luxurious, but the price tag can really make you wince. You don't need to spend a lot of money on designer products; you can make your own for a fraction of the cost.
More by this Author
Hebrew is probably the last thing that comes to mind when you think of tattoos, but just as Japanese lettering and Hindu symbols once became popular, now Hebrew designs are getting attention.
Japan is a fascinating culture where tradition is valued. Check out some of these traditional clothing items for me.
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.