Secrets To Zit Free Skin
Are you tired of looking in the mirror and seeing pimples that are just waiting to erupt on your face? It is not a pretty picture. To make matters even worse, you probably have remembered spending a ton of money on skin care products that were "supposed" to clear up your face. So...what is the deal!?!?
Take a mintue to stop and think about your basic day to day habits. Lets take a deeper look into this......
Start Here: What's Your Skin Type?
Wash your skin as you usually do (but don't mosturize!) Wait two hours, then check out your skin for the following clues:
- If your skin is tight and starting to flake, then your skin is DRY
- If some parts of your face are shiny (areas around nose, chin, and forehead), but others are not, then your skin is COMBINATION
- If your skin is shiny all over and reflects light, then your skin is OILY
- If your skin shows blotches of redness, then your skin is SENSITIVE
Your Facial Formula
- Dry Skin: Gel-A soap-free gel cleans deep down without causing that tight feeling; exfoiliating beads buff away flakes. Try: Biore Steam Activated Cleanser $8.00 (drugstores)
- Combo Skin: A Foam cleanser mosturizers the dry areas and washes away the oily spots. Try: Sephora Supreme Cleansing $15.00 (Sephora stores)
- Oily Skin: Clean up that slippery skin with a cleanser that contains kaolin clay. It has a creamy texture, but it soaks up all that excess oil and grease and keeps pores clear of bacteria. Try: Olay Shine Control Lathering Cleanser $7.00 (drugstores)
- Sensitive Skin: Protect your delicate skin with a fragance-free liquid wash. This particular product has mosturizing oat milk and bananas to soothe away all the redness. Try: Mark Calming Effect Comforting Milk Cleasner $8.00 http://www.meetmark.com
Do's and Don'ts Cleansing Tricks
When you wash the right way, those pimples don't stand a chance!! Get the most out of your cleanser by using it the right way!
Do: Wash for 30-45 seconds wiht a dime-size amount of cleanser. This is the amount of time it takes to clear dirt and oil off your face.
Don't: Skip your morning wash! Hairstyling products get absorbed by your pillowcase then transfer onto your skin- if you do not wash in the morning, it will clog your pores.
Do: Use lukewarm water. Hot water dries out your skin, and cold water won't open up your pores the get all that gunk and bacteria out.
Don't: Use a washcloth to cleanse. It's too rough and can cause your skin to become irritated. Use your clean hands instead.
You Are What You Eat
Food is definetly a preventative strategy to keeping clear skin or clearing it up. It is a strategy that involves nurturing your skin with a complex balance of minerals and nutrients that feed your skin from the inside out and give you that glow.
- Salmon: One of the world's greatest sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Carrots: Research shows that carrots can actually help prevent premature agin from sun damage.
- Avocado: The Journal of American College of Nutrition found that people with higher inakes of oilve oil had fewer wrinkles than people with higher intakes of butter. Avocados have B vitamins, which help your skin looking vibrant and smooth.
- Berries: Filled with antioxidants and improves skins elasticity by strengthening collagen, the primary skin's innermost layer.
- Water, Water and more Water: By far the strongest weapon against lifeless skin. All of our body's functions rely solely on hydration, so if you are not sipping water throughout the day, you are more likely to have a slower metabolism and drier skin. Try drinking a least 6-8 glasses of water a day and in no time your face will be smoothe and glowing!
More by this Author
The bedroom is one of the most important rooms in the house. Your bed should be comfortable and desirable. If your bedroom decor need some improvement, but you don't have a lot of money to spend, why not revive your...