Simple foot care tips at home
Foot care tips
Keeping your feet clean, strong and healthy is important not only for looks but also for good health. These simple tips to care for your feet will go a long way to maintain good feet throughout the lifetime. From trimming your toenails, washing your feet to checking for wounds or blisters, these tips will help you keep your feet clean and healthy. Following these simple tips will help you avoid fungal infections in your feet. Main reason for fungal infection in feet is retaining moisture in your feet. Wearing open shoes especially during rain will help avoid fungal infection as bacteria and fungus grow in wet moist conditions in closed areas.
- Keep good blood circulation in the feet. Sometimes when you sit crossing your legs may limit blood circulation to the feet. Make sure to take care of this condition if you sit for long periods of time.
- Change your socks everyday - this is a simple tip to keep your feet healthy but matters the most
- Wear open footwear and dont let moisture stay in the feet
- If you were outside for a long time, once you return home, soak your feet in warm water for some time and pat them dry completely as you don't want moisture in your feet. You can choose to add some antiseptic in the water that you soak your feet.
- If you keep moisture in your feet, fungal infections are possible. Anti fungal soaps and powders help to reduce the fungal growth. You can use antifungal cream every night before going to bed to avoid this.
- Cut your toenails and clean them to avoid dirt accumulation. Cut nails with a nailcutter (do not use your teeth... hahaha) straight across and then smooth the edges with an emery board. It is easy to cut nails after a shower or a bath as the nails will be softer.
- Apply a thin coat of lotion on your feet but not between your toes
- Inspect your feet for cuts, blisters, wounds, red spots regularly and see a physician or a podiatrist if you see a problem
- Protect your feet from very hot and cold conditions
For example, wear socks at night if it is very cold
- Wear comfortable shoes that not only fit well but also protects your feet
- Feel inside your shoes everytime before putting them on as there may be sharp objects or insects inside your shoes.
Hope these simple tips for footcare help you in keeping your feet healthy and strong.
How to care for your feet video
More by this Author
Aishwarya Rai looks absolutely gorgeous in her wedding photos with a golden saree and jewellery. Aishwarya went to Venice...
"Death Race" is a popular action movie of the year 2008 and is a very entertaining action film. Natalie Martinez, gorgeous stunning sultry model looking actress, is one of the big highlights of the movie. Look...
Bollywood actresses are the sexiest in the world and they show off their talent with no hesitation. Here is my top 10 list of sexiest Bollywood actresses.