My Daily Skincare Routine
Of course you don't have to follow this step, by step. I hope you get a few tips and tricks, and get fresher cleaner skin after reading this.
- Clean and Clear 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser* (around $8 at drugstores) every other day
- St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub (around $3 at drugstores) every other day
*An important note about the clean and clear is that it has a high amount of BP in it so it will dry out your skin UNLESS you put moisturizer on it.
I use the Clean & Clear one day, the next day St.Ives, and so on and so on.
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 for combination/oily skin (around $9 at drugstores) every day
THROUGHOUT THE DAY:
- Clean and Clear deep action cream cleanser (drugstores, price ?)
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 for combination/oily skin (around $9 at drugstores)
- Clean and Clear 3 in 1 Exfoliating Cleanser* (around $8 at drugstores) EVERY DAY
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with SPF 15 for combination/oily skin (around $9 at drugstores) EVERY DAY
Yes, it does sound quite repetitive, and not a lot of different products, but it is effective, works for me and at low cost. I will also include some tips and other tricks I use.
FOR PIMPLES/BREAKOUTS (products):
- Acnefree Terminator (around $8 at drugstores)
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ( $17 at mariobadescu.com)
FOR PIMPLES/BREAKOUTS (home remedies):
- honey and cinnamon
- apple cider vinegar
- ice (reduce redness)
- tea tree oil
*I use a mask about once a week (usually the oatmeal one) but I recommend at least once every 1 and a half weeks.
- mud masks
- oatmeal, honey and yogurt
- cocoa powder, milk and honey
- sugar and olive oil (for dry skin ONLY)
- Lush dark angels (for oily skin ONLY)
- Lush bright angels (for dry skin)
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- DRINK LOTS OF H20. You've heard it SO many times, but getting those 8 glasses of water a day can make a huge difference. DROP the soda and drink the water, it will make a difference GUARANTEED.
- Exfoliate but don't over exfoliate. You want to get rid of all that dead skin, but you don't want to dry out your skin, so every other day (like in my skincare routine) is a good thing.
- Wear SPF under your makeup, without makeup, and even on a rainy day. UV rays are dangerous, and your skin is more likely to get wrinkles if you expose your skin like that.
- When buying makeup, look for the ones labeled "non-comodegenic" this means without oil, these products won't clog your pores.
- Don't touch your skin too much
- Keep your hair way from your face
- DO NOT pop pimples
- Vitamins good for skin are C, E, A, K and B complex
- Don't smoke
- stay not stressed
- clean your skin after working out, or getting dirty
To end this article, I hope you enjoyed, please comment and Good Luck.
*everything stated in this article is not PROVEN to clear up your skin, but has helped me greatly. Everyone has different skin and you should find out what kind it is before you try anything. If acne problems become serious, talk to a dermatologist and they will help you fix your skin.
More by this Author
Indian food is like a painting that will never be finished because the painter will never die. The original idea will always be there, but little elements will be added by different artists with different ideas. The...
“United we stand, divided we fall.” -Aesop (620-560 BCE) The ocean’s blue waves slowly creep up to the shore and gently streak the thick sand. The crisp white-colored Himalayas extend forever into...
No comments yet.