The Best Diet For Acne Free Skin
Having a good diet can make all the difference when trying to get rid of acne. If you've struggled with many different ways to get rid of spots, but you haven't paid lots of attention to what foods you are eating, then this may be where you are going wrong. Today you are going to learn about the best diet for acne free skin.
By building your diet around the foods listed below, you can rest assured that you will see a dramatic improvement in your skin. What you are going to see is a list of meals (breakfast, lunch etc) along with healthy ideas created with foods that are good for getting rid of acne. You will also get a brief explanation of why each of these foods is good for your skin.
Read here for a detailed list of foods that are good for acne.
Here are some breakfast ideas if you want a diet for acne free skin:
- Switch your white bread to wholemeal or grain bread. This will boost your fiber intake, and grain-laden bread contains more valuable nutrients and minerals. Also, the GI load of white bread is very high, which can lead to acne.
- Ditch the jams and preserves. These are high in simple sugars and are just not very good for your skin.
- Peanut butter is highly processed and generally bad for your skin. Only eat organic peanut butter (it will have a much runnier consistency than normal peanut butter, because it is not held together with processed oils)
- Some healthy ideas include porridge/oats, scrambled eggs, and low-sugar bran cereal with whole milk.
- Skip the muesli; most prepackaged muesli varieties are packed full of simple sugars.
- Swap the bagel for a wholegrain sandwich. Cutting down on refined carbohydrates is extremely important.
- If you enjoy fast food (such as burgers and fries) avoid the fries altogether. These are nothing but starchy carbohydrates smothered in hydrogenated vegetable oil.
- Sandwich fillings for healthy skin and an acne free diet include bacon, lettuce, and avocado; shrimp/prawn; and salmon or tuna. Skip the PB&J and your skin will thank you for it.
- Don't drink soda or soft drinks with your lunch. Instead, drink water or green tea. I cannot stress the importance of trying to reduce your intake of simple carbohydrates.
- Try to eat oily fish for dinner at least 2-3 times a week. Reduce your consumption of beef and chicken (especially ground beef) and instead increase your fish intake. Because oily fish such as salmon are jam-packed full off essential fatty acids and healthy fats.
- Boost your intake of leafy green vegetables. Broccoli and cabbage should also be included in this list. You need to have a large serving of these every single day if you want the best diet for acne free skin.
- Cauliflower is another excellent vegetable to increase your intake of, if you want to get clear skin quickly.
- Trade white rice for brown rice.
- Trade regular potatoes for sweet potatoes (believe it or not, but these are actually lower in simple carbohydrates)
- Eat a handful of walnuts every day. These contain lots of Omega 3s.
- Don't eat processed snack foods such as cookies or cakes.
- Carrot sticks are a cheap and easy-to-prepare snack that are extremely good for your skin as they contain a high amount of Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene.
- Instead of candy eat dried fruit. Invest in your own fruit drying machine and create your own tasty treats.
- If you like chocolate then eat chocolate with a high cocoa percentage. Don't eat regular 'milk' chocolate.