The Many Uses Of Hair!
Hair, Hair Everywhere!
What is hair anyway?
Hair is the body covering of mammals growing through the dermis.
It is made up of a protein called Keratin and amino acids.
Hair: A worthy commodity!
Beautiful and plentiful Hair has been, and is a most sought after commodity in the human sector of mammals.
Hair: To Have Or Not To Have!
Well by saying "...it is sought after" I mean to say it is wanted on the top not so much further down on some chins (definitely not on the female one). Still keeping with the girlies and going further south, pits, legs, etc... the hair or fur is scraped, creamed or ripped away by the roots.
Hair: Worth Mega Bucks!
Hair is a multi billion dollar industry world wide. Job opportunities in hair are many. The hairstylysts being the most obvious. Then there are the chemists that work out the proper haircare products and dyes. Mechanical and technical careers are a mega part of the 'hair-movement' when you consider the many types of cutting and styling tools that are used on hair. Scissors, manual and electrical razors, hair dryers and curling irons, hair straighteners. Even the sewing sector comes into the mix by manufacturing hair-scrunchies, bands, bows etc.
Hair in entertainment and music
Not even the entertainment and music field has to feel left out as there are many productions focusing around the fuzzy stuff. The musicals 'Hair' and 'Hairspray'. If you remember the movie 'Shampoo' with Warren Beatty you're as old as me. Some of the hair-band groups Montly Crue, Poison, Skid Row just to mention a few from the top of my head....
I can't get no satisfaction No satisfaction.... with my hair
Head-Hair is one of those things that most are not satisfied with. Either too straight, too curly, too fuzzy, too dark, too gray, too thin, too.................. therefore it is nurtured, fertilized into growth , colored, straightened, permed into curls, trained into forming helmets, scrapped off with sharp implements or removed by the roots by high tech lazer treatments.
The lack of is either treated with plugs, rugs, comb-overs or embraced with a spit and polish. (Mind you, according to one of my Dads favorite sayings "There is no such thing as a bald head, only one with a forehead that reaches the ass-end... translated from Hungarian)
Tell me honestly when was the last time you let your hair down? That's what I thought, so why don't you keep your hair on for crying out loud don't tear your hair out by the roots, it's not as if it's a hair raising affair, even though you might think your hair is standing on end and that your hair is on fire but believe me you don't want to be splitting hairs over it all because it really is only a bad hair day, but I think it's as fine as frog hair however it really runs against the hair grain when you say you want me to run my fingers through your hair weave when in fact I should be using the hair of the dog that bit you instead.
The List Of Uses For Hair:
15 Common uses for Hair!!!
- Warmth: first and foremost the 'noggin' needs to be kept warm (can be replaced by toque)
- Trophy: scalp on the belt (attractive to accessorize any casual outfit especially great with deer skin garments)
- Garden fertilizer: aerates dirt when mixed with clay (collect by the garbage bags full from the local barber and hairstylists shops---a green alternative to save the landfill sites)
- Veggie protector: sprinkle hair around vegetable garden twice during growing season to keep rabbits and deer from stealing the crop (collect by the garbage bags full from the local barber and hairstylists shops---a green alternative to save the landfill sites)
- Building Material: Birds like to use it in their nest fabrication. It was also used as an additive to plaster walls, all for strenghts.
- Music: Horsetail-hair perfectly strong for bowstrings for the Violin bow
- Fabric/Upholstery: Horse-Hair-Cloth as an interfacing for suits and coats, stuffing in furniture hair mixed with jute and hemp was a norm yesteryear. Soft animal hair used in the making of felt for hats etc
- Ladder: For directions on how this item can be used you need to contact Rapunzel 'www.Rapunzel-let-your-hair-down'. (If she's in a bad mood and says "not by the hair of my chinny chin chin" try, try to try again.)
- Luck Forecaster: In Poland if you pass 3 pure red-heads in a row you will be rich because you will win the lottery.
- Boy or Girl Forecaster : This one has a 50% accuracy rate--- if the hair on the expectant mother grows faster then it did before it is a sure chance of 50 % of being a boy. ( the nursery will look awesome in a mellow butter yellow or a snazzy light mint green just in case its either a boy or a girl)
- Weather Forecaster: If the cats bushy tail is up and the hair on it instead of standing up on end is flattened to one side that means it's windy.
- Love meter reader:In France a bat in the hair will tell of a disastrous love affair (bat is called chauve-souris in french translated meaning bald mouse--- in all honesty it really is not surprising, a bald mouse hanging from either male or female hair is not that appealing)
- Replacement for Psychiatrist: In Missourri folklore tells that a bat in the hair leads to insanity (no doubt)
- Strength: Hair stands for immense strength (just ask Samson he had none after he received a fashionable hair cut)
- Magic: A mermaids magic is in her hair (next time you see one sitting on a rock at the ocean side ask her, with all that salt water I would really like to know how they keep their hair so healthy and soft looking)
- Humor---Plants:Stool Pigeons
- Computer Antivirus Protection!
First off, let me admit I'm a yesteryear technology buff. I actually know how to set the timer on the VCR. Woops, I guess they're called DVD players now. Up until recently I used the computer at my...
- Walk a mile in my paws!
I'm one of the grandsons of Zsuzsy Bee. Her son is my human pet. She asked me to let you walk a day or a mile or two (which ever comes first) in my paws. It will not be easy as my ‘Dog-Latin' might set a...
- 1 Year hub-versary!
October 22nd 2007 a day in history... my history that is, a year ago I found my new home away from home. HUBPAGES. To give you the long tour (the short one is just too boring ...I've always wanted to be a...
- Humor? Idiosyncracies?
People are such creatures of habit. They all get used to a certain pattern of going about their business, and don't realize it. As a seasoned people-watcher I've noted quite a few peculiarities and they...
pictures by www.sxc.hu
Here is the list of "Hair-y" hubs the HubMob has created.
More by this Author
When putting together your new fall wardrobe try to incorporate some of these tips to make you feel and look better. 1) Contrary to what you might think, you will appear slimmer if you wear your pants at its natural...
So are you frustrated with ill-fitting pants yet? Before you buy another pair of pants or jeans that sag in the butt, pucker at the pockets and/or fetter around the waist read this guide that will give you the basic...
A friends daughter whose wedding I sewed and organized a few years ago came over last night with her 'Hubby'... saying that the deal on the house they had bid on had been accepted. The young couple was in seventh...