The Most Comfortable Womens Sandals
Why Mephisto's Helen Sandals are the Most Comfortable Sandals
This is a favorable product review for 'Helen', the most comfortable womens sandals and the most popular shoe model that Mephisto ever manufactured.
I'm not sponsored to write this review by anyone, just moved to rave about a product that aside from the way it looks, makes walking such a pleasure - even though mobility isn't as 'fluid' as it used to be. The sandals are durable and age well, which is extraordinary in fashionable women's footwear.
The reasons I'm rating Mephisto 'Helen' sandals so highly as the most comfortable womens sandals are the following:
- the soft air technology involved in it's construction makes them extremely comfortable (so for people like me with mobility problems they are a great physical aid). The Mephisto SoftAir video is below, which shows how the "flexible SoftAir mid-sole reduces the shocks from walking" thereby cares for your feet, your joints and your back.
- the design is classic so you never feel never out of place
- there's a large range of colors and leather types, so the sandals are suitable for day wear, evening and even special occasions
- they're durable, lasting for years (a sort of Mercedes in shoe), so the investment price of $135 a pair of sandals becomes reasonable through time
- they're easy to keep clean because they are machine washable
Please see the photograph here of my very comfortable feet in a pair of Helen sandals. I'm not light on my feet by any means and I've worn these sandals every day through three whole summers (from about May to October each year)! Yet they do not look too consumed do they?
Thong Sandal in More than 20 Colors
Soft air walking shoes
Sandals Hug your Feet
Review - You Never Feel Out of Place
I used to wear the latest fashion shoes, flip flops, high-heels and sandals. I was young and my body didn't hurt. After a car accident my body hurt a great deal and it really has never gotten over that hurt. My mobility is impaired and walking is painful; it puts a strain on my knees, my feet and my back. Orthopedic shoes helped relieve the pain but I felt they were ugly on my feet and that felt like a loss of beauty.
One day about ten years ago a friend suggested I try a Mephisto sandal because he had been wearing Mephisto shoes comfortably for years. I tried a pair of Helen sandals on and I felt I was walking on air!
- They felt good and they looked really attractive. I haven't parted with them since. Being such a classic design, they cut across fashion trends with a great look of their own
- They're perfect to travel with - since one or two pairs will cover all occasions, so no space taking shoes in your luggage.
- They're so obviously well made they are smart for wearing to work (especially with painted toe nails). They hug the foot tight, enclosing your whole foot, snugly
- They're practical and sporty for wearing to the beach
- They even dress up for going out in the evening during the summer
My feet in my Helen Sandals in Summer
Large Range of Colours
Helen sandals come in more than 20 colors to chose from - patent leather black, to neutral beige and brown - from bright pinks to pale patterned blue.
How Many Pairs of Sandals do You Pack?
How many pairs of sandals and shoes do you take with you on your summer holiday?See results without voting
What They Cost
My 'Helen' sandals are a reliable value for money purchase. Each pair costs approximately $135 (though there are reductions on Amazon occasionally. Please see the ads).
Like all very good quality items they are quite expensive, but they last me about three summers and I am 100% comfortable in them all day and all evening long through the warm weather. Over time, they are an extremely economical investment since I really do not need, or want to buy another sandal, or shoe.
They wash well in the washing machine;
- a gentle warm wash (no hotter tan 30° or 86° farenhiet)
- no tumbler dryer
- sun dry (not too hot a sun)
A Selection of Review Comments
Not so favorable reviews
The cork footbed offers arch support and cushioning
The brown colored sandals stain with perspiration
Adjustable strap so you can custom fit
There are Chinese fake ones on the market so buy them from a source you trust
Rubber non-slip sole
The personal service in Mephisto stores is a bit of a let down at times
Contoured (shock absorbing) foootbed
Rubber sole absorbs shock
The strap is soft and doesn't cut into the skin
Not bulky, so they are easy to pack
Help people who suffer with plantar fasciitis
The sandals hug your feet and support your arch, even if it's a high arch so your toes don't need to hug the shoe to keep them in place
Did You Know?
The 'Helen' womens sandals have been in production since 1990.
The History of Mephisto Leisure Shoes
When sport and leisure first became trends in the 1970's. became a world famous brand with it's brand of casual shoes that could be worn in the city too. The company had begun in France (where its headquarters and creator are still based) a decade earlier - when the first Mephisto shoes had been created by Martin Michaeli. Mephisto
The first Mephisto shop opened in Germany in 1984 and by the next year 80% of Mephisto production was exported - capturing firstly the USA market in 1987. A subsidiary opened in Canada subsequently
By 1998 Mephisto was offering 600 models through 18,000 points of sale worldwide.
In 2003 Mephisto presents its first 'sportswear' collection with accessories and leather goods making it a lifestyle brand.
'Helen' went onto the market more than ten years ago!
Please rate the most comfortable womens sandals here.
Maphisto 'Helen' Sandals are the Most Comfortable Womens Sandals
© 2012 Penelope Hart
More by this Author
From my 70's magazine collection here are photos of great dress styles of the 70's, mainly from London which trances the fashion from Mary Quant to the fashion designer Issey Miyake look and punk - through 10 years of...
I'm passionate about my man's facial hair! He is a knock-out specimen of a man in his middle sixties to me; his beard, his mustache and his mad hair are still a total turn on when I get to trim them!
More than 220 versions of The Little Drummer Boy have been released around the world since it was first composed in 1928. After some some show biz hanky-panky in the 1940's-50's 'Carol of the Drum' (original title)...