Tips on Keeping Hair Healthy
Making a DIY Hair Mask
- You can get beautiful hair by creating an inexpensive, yet highly beneficial mask at home. Just use some of the basic ingredients that are available in your kitchen.
- This nourishing hair mask is suitable for all hair types. The ingredients that you will need include one egg, one tablespoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey.
- Pour the olive oil in a small pan and heat it. Whisk the egg in. Add the honey. Stir vigorously for a few seconds. Make sure that the ingredients are only getting warm rather than hot.
- Use a brush to apply the mask to your hair. Get it in the roots and cover the entire length of each hair with the nourishing mixture.
- Wrap your head in a towel and keep the mask on for 15 minutes. Wash your hair clean using your regular shampoo. This nourishing mask is great for application once or twice per month. If you have very damaged hair, you can use the mask on a weekly basis.
Rate this recipe!
Hair health depends on various factors. It depends on the food you eat, the cosmetic products you use, the manner in which you brush and style your locks. It is affected by your emotional and physical conditions.
Keeping your hair healthy is quite simple, as long as you lead a balanced and active life. Follow these tips to guarantee the health of your hair.
Solely using expensive conditioners and shampoos is insufficient to guarantee hair health. The food that you consume plays a role, as well. Some of the foods that should be part of the diet include salmon, green vegetables, beans, chicken, nuts, eggs, yogurt and whole grain products.
You hair needs vitamins and proteins to be healthy and strong. Some of the most important vitamins include A, C, B and E. Hair health is also dependent on zinc and iron. Omega-3 fatty acids (which are mostly found in fish) play a major role in scalp health.
Hair care products should also be purchased carefully. They need to contain proteins, lipids and the vitamins A, C and E. Avoid shampoos that contain artificial coloring and scent. It would be best to wash your hair using a shampoo that has neutral pH.
How about washing hair? Refrain from doing that on a daily basis. Shampoo and water have the power to take away natural lipids that hair needs to be strong and shiny. Washing it too often could result in dry and lifeless hair.
After washing your hair, use a conditioner to nourish it. Masks should also be used on a weekly basis.
Refrain from washing your hair with hot water. Hot water stimulates the secretion of natural scalp oils.
Keep in mind that wet hair is very fragile. Refrain from brushing it or pulling on it. Dry gently using a towel and brush only after moisture is absorbed. Limit the usage of a blow dryer. Even modern, professional equipment, could lead to serious damage if overused.
Brushing hair too often could make it oily. Brush your hair only when necessary using a soft brush. The procedure is beneficial to the scalp, since the brush massages it and improves circulation.
If you color your hair, use only quality products. Some inexpensive, questionable hair colorants, should be avoided since the usage of these could lead to damage.
Sometimes, even your best efforts will be insufficient to keep hair healthy and you might experience problems like lifeless hair, hair fall, dandruff or oily hair. Such conditions could be the result of hormonal problems, stress or improper diet. Consult a dermatologist, since the reason for your hair problems could be a medical condition.
More by this Author
According to a worldwide survey carried out by a major condom brand, only 44 percent of the questioned married individuals feel happy with their sex life. About 48 percent of the women who answered survey questions...
How do we communicate with our friends today? Are we primarily reliant on online interactions? This revolution started with the appearance of social networks like Facebook and Twitter.
Basal temperature is the temperature of a specific body part right after waking up. It can be used as a reliable method for determining ovulation and is especially popular among women trying to conceive. Measuring...
No comments yet.