Top 10 Reasons to Choose Women’s Vintage Clothing
Vintage clothing is popular with both genders but it seems to be particularly popular with women. There are quite a few different reasons why this is true. Women who have already started to enjoy shopping for vintage clothing can tell you about all of the perks. But what about those women who are only just starting to think that women’s vintage clothing could be a good thing to look into? Following you’ll find the top ten reasons that women choose vintage clothing over brand new clothing when doing their shopping. These reasons will help you to decide of womens vintage clothing is right for you.
1. Affordability. Many women start to get interested in shopping for vintage clothes because they believe that used clothing is cheaper than new clothing. The truth is that this depends a lot on what you’re looking for, what type of clothes you normally buy and how much you’re willing to shop around. Some vintage clothing (especially clothing from popular designers) can be expensive because of the fact that it’s rare and may even be collectible. If you normally shop at Target then you may find that shopping for vintage clothing doesn’t really decrease your clothing spending. However, it’s definitely possible to get really great deals on womens vintage clothing and its one way to reduce your clothing spending while still getting great high-quality clothes. So yes, affordability is one reason that women get vintage clothes even if it doesn’t always hold true that vintage clothes are cheaper than new clothes.
2. Unique styles. Perhaps a better reason that women love to shop for vintage clothing is because it offers them the chance to purchase a variety of unique clothing styles. If you like to express yourself through your clothing then this can be a great way to do that. When you shop at new clothing stores you’re going to find that almost all of the styles are the same in any given season. Looking at vintage clothes allows you to choose styles from many eras to create a look that is all your own.
3. The shopping experience is more fun. Many women find that shopping for womens vintage clothing is more fun than shopping for new clothes. This is due in part to the fact that the styles that you browse through are so unique. Womens vintage stores also tend to have a funkier feel to them than the sterile environment of new stores. The entire process of seeking out a great find is a good shopping experience for many women.
4. You are likely to get items that you truly love. Many women find that the vintage clothing they choose is stuff that they really love. That’s because they had to work hard to find it. It’s tough to choose the right piece out of a store filled with different vintage items. By the time you commit to a piece of vintage clothing it’s because you like everything about it. This means that you end up with a wardrobe of clothing that you truly like instead of clothes that you’re just fairly comfortable with. That can make a big difference in your self-esteem when you wear those vintage clothes!
5. Vintage is green. A lot of people are concerned about being green. Buying vintage clothing means that you are being recycled clothing. This is an act that is a green act. Instead of allowing those old clothes to go to the landfill, you’re buying them and making fresh use out of them. If you care about being green then womens vintage clothing is the way to go.
6. The quality of vintage clothing is often better. You can get really high-quality clothing today but it tends to come with a hefty price tag. Clothes were made to be more durable in older times which means that you can get affordable vintage clothing that’s also durable. Your clothes will last longer and be prettier over time because they are designed to be wearable.
7. You may discover new fabrics that you really like. Many women find that there were fabrics that were frequently used in vintage clothing designs that aren’t used as often today. The fabric of a piece of clothing can great alter how well it hangs on your body and flatters your figure. Many women find that uncovering unusual textures and fabrics through vintage shopping helps them to discover clothing options that truly make them look their best.
8. There’s a community for vintage shoppers. Women who enjoy shopping for vintage clothing all have that in common. As a result, a huge community has sprung up for this kind of shopping. You can find blogs, forums and online social networking groups that are devoted to discussing womens vintage shopping. If you like having a community of friends to talk about shopping with then you’ll find that you get one almost instantly when you get into vintage shopping.
9. Vintage clothing can actually be a money-making investment. For many of the reasons discussed above, it’s possible that buying vintage can be something that earns you money over time. Items from some designers may become collectible. Items that last over time can be passed down among generations until they gain value. You can wear these clothes and then sell them later at a profit.
10. It’s cool. Finally, the fact of the matter is that shopping for vintage clothing is really cool right now. It’s trendy. It’s popular. It’s something that the other women that you know are bragging about doing. And therefore that means that you’re kind of cool if you’re someone who gets into shopping for vintage clothing yourself. That’s not a good reason to shop vintage if you don’t have other reasons as well but it’s a nice perk if you enjoy vintage shopping.
- Where to buy vintage clothing
Vintage is a style for fashion-nostalgic women. It represents a time period, a cultural expression of an era through fashion. Generally speaking, items from the early 1920's up to the mid 1970's classify...
- Caring for Vintage Linens
Vintage and antique linens are a popular collectible today. These beautiful items can often be found at a garage sale or thrift shop for pennies. How to clean and care for them.
- Vintage Haute Couture Fashion - Clothing Desired by ...
Today, vintage haute couture fashion is a very popular subject in the fashion and style industry, supported very aggressively by museums, art theatres, and on the catwalk in fashion shows in London, Paris,...
- Vintage Bridesmaid Dresses
If you're searching for vintage bridesmaid dresses, there are important things that you need to know. Specialty bridal shops are popular for wedding and bridesmaid dresses, because there are important...
- Vintage and Retro Baby Clothes
I have been a fan of vintage clothing for myself for a long time. I was the kind of teenager who preferred shopping at thrift stores to shopping at malls. Today I tend to be drawn towards the modern fashions...
- Vintage Wedding Dresses
If you have always been drawn to the elegance of a bygone era then vintage wedding dresses and other attire may be something to check out. Many of these elegant gowns have been preserved and can be...
More by this Author
The bohemian style, also known as boho, has been cropping up throughout this entire decade. It was made particularly stylish back in 2004 and 2005 when actress Sienna Miller was seen touting the style. Since that...
When you think of women’s vintage clothing what is it that comes to mind? Many people immediately think “thrift store”. This in turn makes them think of old clothing from Goodwill, clothing that they...
How can you tell if your mushrooms are turning bad? Find out the most common signs to look for before throwing them out.