Top 10 Tribal Tattoo Designs for Men
For men getting a tribal tattoo is very popular. And it’s a strong fashion statement too! You can ink a tribal tattoo on your back, arms, shoulder blades or neck. Tribal tattoo designs can take various forms like cosmic objects, animals and their body parts, and lots of geometric patterns and abstract art. The main advantage of a tribal tattoo is that being printed using lots of black ink the tattoo doesn’t fade as fast as other inks. Tribal tattoos are so popular because of their strong visual appeal and inner-meaning!
History of Tribal Tattoos
Tribal tattoos are ancient body art forms that were very popular among the tribal people of Polynesia. The people of the Polynesian Islands have a rich culture of more than thousand years. Polynesian people first settled in an island called Marquesa and later on they spread to other islands like Hawaii, New Zealand and Easter Island.
Polynesian tattoos therefore have three distinct identities, which are Hawaiian tattoos, Easter Island tattoos and Maori tattoos.
Hawaiian tattoos are generally inked for personal identification unlike other Polynesian tattoos where tattoos are printed mainly for ceremonial purposes. Hawaiian tattoo designs generally consist of flowers, animals and arrows.
Easter Island tattoos are designs that include various geometric patterns, boats, birds, stars and different combinations of bold lines and dots.
Maori people live in New Zealand and their tattoo art is known as Ta Moko. Maori tattoo designs generally take the form of complex patterns consisting of spirals and curves.
Top 10 Tribal Tattoos for Men
1. 3D Lion: This multicolor chest-piece tribal design extended up to the abdomen is the modern version of a Hawaiian design. This 3D lion is a symbol of pride and aristocracy. People with zodiac sign Leo can ink this tattoo to strengthen their zodiac power!
2. Skull in Cross: This back-piece tattoo is an Easter Island design. This is a hot number that is bold and sexy! There are subtle tribal patterns drawn around the cross which have enhanced the appeal of this design.
3. Maori Pattern: This is a typical Maori design consisting of bold curvilinear lines and spirals. Being done on a grand scale on the back this design symbolizes power and higher social rank. The visually appealing pattern makes it an ideal tattoo to flaunt!
4. 3D Wounded: This is a modern form of a typical Polynesian design! Being done in 3D and multicolor this chest-piece tattoo has become one of the most modern tribal tattoos. If you want to print a tribal design that is created anew, go for this one!
5. 3D Ribs: This 3D design is originally a Maori pattern. Look carefully, the 3D ribs are actually curvy shapes found in Maori tattoo designs. The creativity of the tattoo artist makes the tattoo one of the most modern fashion statements!
6. 3D Feet Bones: This 3D design is also a mixed Polynesian design re-created! An atypical design placed on the feet as if the bones are open, the design signifies freedom! Standing on your own feet implies you’re independent. The design bears a highly intellectual meaning!
7. 3D Lizard: This is a typical Hawaiian design done in 3D and multicolor. Lizards are found in Hawaiian designs but when re-created in 3D using colored inks this tattoo becomes a modern tribal tattoo with a strong underlying style statement!
8. Polynesian Turtle: This design also has a mixed Polynesian flavor. A turtle designed on the arm as a combination of geometric shapes and accompanied by other geometric patterns makes the tattoo unique! Visualizing this type of designs requires immense creative power on part of the tattoo artist!
9. Bold Polynesian Patterns: This design consisting of bold patterns and placed on the shoulder represents your penchant to ink an original wild tribal tattoo that is a symbol of strength, both mental and physical. Bold patterns symbolize mental strength and the placement on the shoulder symbolizes physical strength!
10. Subtle Polynesian Patterns: This is a mixed Polynesian design consisting of subtle patterns. Dignified people who understand subtlety in designs will always give this tattoo thumbs up!Placed on the shoulder, this tattoo represents the aura of Haute Couture!
More by this Author
New patterns and concepts are the buzzwords today in the world of tattoos. In this article I have showcased top 10 unique tattoo designs for men with placement tips which according to me are going to be extremely...
Celtic Cross is one of the most auspicious symbols Celts used in their tattoos! But recently it has become a symbol of high fashion among Christians all over the world. This article endeavors to provide you some basic...
People all over the world have been fascinated by the age-old creature known as dragon! To the Celts the dragon represents wisdom and nobility. A Celtic dragon tattoo would be a great idea to flaunt if you can select...