Top 5 Essential Oils for Stress Relief
Essential Oils to Relieve Stress
What do do with the essential oils
I thought I would give a few tips for what to do with the essential oils I mention in this hub.
- Aromatherapy Candles. Place a few drops in an unscented candle.
- Massage or body oil. Mix five drops of the essential oil of your choice and mix with 1/2 cup carrier oil like olive oil or almond oil.
- Room spray. Put a few drops in a spray bottle filled with water and a splash of vodka, shake, and spray as needed.
- Body lotion. Mix a few drops with your favorite unscented body lotion.
- Bath salt. Take one cup epsom salts and place in a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and ten drops essential oil. Stir and store in an airtight container or plastic bag.
You can use these oils whenever you need them.
My Favorite Essential Oils to Relieve Stress
I have lavender scented hand soap in my downstairs bathroom, and I feel instant calm every time I wash!
This is my all time favorite essential oil. It is particularly good for stress that is related to anxiety.
Tangerine reminds me of being a kid, and since I had a happy child this is an instant soother.
How to Use Essential Oils Properly
There are only two essential oils that can be applied directly to the skin: lavender and tea tree. Lavender is one of the oils that is mentioned in this hub.
The rest of the essential oils need to be mixed either with a carrier oil or another substance like lotion, water, or even epsom or dead sea salts. This is because they are highly concentrated and can actually irritate the skin,
Another thing you should do is research each oil for yourself to determine if you can use it. Some oils aren't safe, especially to those who are pregnant or nursing.
Do a patch test before you start using an essential oil. Mix one drop of the essential oil with a tablespoon of carrier oil. Dab a little bit of this mixture on the inside of your wrist and wait 24 hours. If a rash develops, you're allergic.
Finally, always consult with your doctor.
Best Essential Oils to Relieve Stress
Make Your Own Smelling Salts
I always loved the idea of smelling salts. Perhaps it's because I've read so many novels where the Ladies carried the salts around with them? If I were to make my own salts, I would do it this way:
- Small jar. I would find a pretty small jar that I can keep in my purse.
- Fill the jar. I'd fill the jar with sea salt.
- Essential oil. Next, I'd add essential oil.
My smelling salt essential oil blend would be as follows. One drop each of:
I find that these the essential oils blend well together. They are calming and soothing and the peppermint offers some energizing properties to the mix.
More by this Author
Women's fashion for the workplace doesn't have to be boring. It can be fun! Learn how to dress
Yes, they are just what you think they are - little glass jars or pretty potpourri bags filled with aromatic salts that you can leave in your purse or pocket and take out and sniff whenever you need a boost. The...
Do you have any favorite essential oils for stress relief?
No comments yet.