Top natural exfoliants for glowing skin
Do you know what the best way to get a glowing skin is? It is exfoliating as it removes the dead layers of your skin to expose the new fresh skin. Exfoliating regularly can do wonders to your skin. But there are times when you should not exfoliate. When you have livid pimples, active acne, you should refrain from exfoliating as it tends to aggravate your problem.
Do not opt for chemical and unnatural products as they can damage your tender facial skin. Another most important thing is that when you take care of your face you forget that your neck is the extension of your face and is easily noticed. When you exfoliate your face, you should also exfoliate your neck so that there is uniform glow.
- Besan powder can form the base for any exfoliating agent as it gives your skin a natural glow. Add coarsely ground almonds to two tablespoon of besan powder and scrub for five minutes. Scrub in gentle rotating movements and wash. Your skin will feel like silk.
- Add sugar to besan powder and mix well. Scrub for five minutes and rinse.
- Add coarsely ground oatmeal to yogurt and blend well. Scrub for five minutes and rinse.
- Take the juice of one lime, add baking soda to it and scrub for five minutes and feel your skin glow.
- Take one teaspoon of multani mitti, one teaspoon of besan powder, one teaspoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of red sandalwood powder and blend well. Apply over your face and let it dry. When it dries do not wash your face. Just wet your face and scrub gently and wash in warm water. You will see excellent results.
- Papaya is rich in antioxidants and it contains vitamin A, C and E. Make a pulp of papaya and keep it in refrigerator. When you return from work, add ground walnut to it and scrub and when you do it on regular basis you will see good and immediate results.
- Ground coffee powder can give you a high-quality exfoliation. Caffeine in coffee powder has anti inflammatory properties and is good for your skin. Do not throw away the used coffee powder. Add it to besan powder and make a paste. Apply over your face, neck and scrub. Wash with warm water.
- I made this scrub for my daughter and she seemed to like it a lot. Take one teaspoon of ground walnut, one teaspoon of ground almonds, and one teaspoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of besan powder. Add the white of an egg and make a smooth mixture. Apply over your face and wait till it dries. The egg white would make your face tighten up. Take a bowl of warm water and wet your face and gently scrub. It takes longer to wash because of the egg white but when you see your face you will feel it is worth the trouble.
How often can I exfoliate? Twice a week would be apt, but if your skin is sensitive once a week will do. Do not be too harsh while you are exfoliating as you might damage your tender skin. Your kitchen can provide you with lots and lots of wonder remedies for your many skin problems.
More by this Author
Ten effective home tips for clear skin in summer. You skin literally burns when you go out in the blistering sun and the damage the sun rays does to your skin cannot be remedied unless you are persistent in your daily...
You get worried when you have oily skin as it instigates pimples, acne and blackheads. You should very strict in your diet and adhere to daily regimen of proper skin care to get rid of oiliness.
When the person whom you so ardently loved leaves you, you might feel that you have nothing left. Don't let someone who does not truly love you cause you to lose hope. When you are able to move on from the false love...