Using an Underarms Whitening and Peeling Set to Whiten Dark Underarms
In a previous article I wrote about some of the options for underarm whitening, one of which included a whitening and peeling set. I personally think that this is the best method for whitening the underarm area because it is a comprehensive solution that not only treats the symptom of dark underarms but also addresses the cause. The whitening and peeling kits are very reasonably priced (even as low as $30) and they're easy to use at home in a private setting where you don't have to worry about doctors and technicians. Even if a doctor isn't performing the treatment, you should seriously consider consulting a doctor or dermatologist before trying any home whitening treatments.
How to whiten underarms with a whitening and peeling kit
Whitening and peeling kits work by removing the discolored outer layer of skin underneath the arms with a chemical peel before bleaching the armpits. This exposes the underlayer of skin that hasn't been exposed to the same conditions that darkened the skin in the first place (harsh deodorant ingredients that react with body oils and sweat). This layer of skin is much lighter and only requires a minimum amount of whitening to even out the tone and make it look natural. These whitening kits contain the following products:
Green Peeling Oil – This is the chemical that will slowly remove and slough off the outer layer of the dermis.
Bleaching Cream – This is the main skin lightener that will even out the skin tone under the armpit. By removing the first layer, less bleaching is needed and less of this gets used.
An Aluminum Chloride based antiperspirant – Because most of the discoloring of the underarms occurs when commercial deodorants react with oil and sweat, the kit supplies a replacement antiperspirant that is odorless and is so powerful that it's prescribed for people with hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). The antiperspirant contains Melawhite which is a whitening agent that will continue to even out the skin after the initial bleaching.
Hydrocortisone cream – This is a topical steroid that is used to help reduce inflammation and irritation during and after the peeling process.
Directions for using an underarm whitening kit
1. Using your fingers apply the green peeling oil to your underarms three times a day allowing it to dry completely. This should take 5-10 minutes and you won't need to rinse it off. I would recommend spacing it out over the day; however, you can apply it at night so long as you wait 15-20 minutes between each application. This will be done for three straight days.
2. Apply hydrocortisone cream as needed to irritated areas. Your armpits will begin to burn after a day or two, and the hydrocortisone cream will help to ease the inflammation.
3. After the three days, stop applying the peeling oil and wait for the skin to start peeling off. It may take an additional two to three days before you see any peeling. If you don't get any peeling to occur, wait two weeks before re-starting the treatment.
4. Wait for the peeling to complete before bleaching. This may take anywhere from 3 to 7 days to complete.
5. Once skin has stopped bleaching, use the Aluminum Chloride antiperspirant as you would any deodorant and apply the bleaching cream only at night. Keep the bleaching cream in the refrigerator when not using.
6. During the peeling and whitening process do not use any deodorant and avoid washing it with soap. This are will be particularly sensitive to any chemicals and you do not want to have a reaction. Also try to avoid shaving or waxing the area if possible. Shaving can be performed if you're extremely careful.
That's all it takes! Just 7-10 days and your underarms will be lighter and more natural looking, perfect for the summer (and any weddings you happen to be attending). If you want to whiten your underarms again, make sure to wait three months or more before undergoing the peeling process. This will give your body time to recover .
More by this Author
If you're trying to lighten dark underarms, there are many options available that will help to improve the complexion of your armpits. There are plenty of underarm creams, lotions, and chemicals that will lighten...
Having inverted nipples can seem like a purely cosmetic problem, but if you have flat or inverted nipples and need to breastfeed, then it can feel like a borderline emergency. Having inverted nipples is quite...