What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instruction...Brachioplasty (upper armlift)
This is a continuation of my series of Post Operative Instructions for Cosmetic Surgery. These particular instructions are pertaining to Upper Arm correction surgery. This type of surgery is usually performed after excessive weight loss. Compared to other types of cosmetic surgeries this is not a particularly popular surgery. However, of course, we do have post op instructions for upper arm lift surgery.
Immediately After The Surgery For Upper Armlift (Brachioplasty)
- Minimal activity for the first week after surgery.
- Leave the surgical compression sleeves on until otherwise instructed.
- Avoid strenuous activity/exercise for at least 6 weeks.
- Avoid exposing scars to sunlight for at least 6 weeks.
- Avoid heaving lifting of any kind.
You Can Expect
- Incisions that may extend down to elbow.
- Sutures/staples to be removed 7-10 days post operative.
- Moderate discomfort, which should be relieved by the pain medication(s).
- Moderate swelling and bruising around the arms.
- There may be some bloody drainage on the dressings/bandages.
- Clear/light pink fluid oozing from the incision.
Call The Office If You Experience
- Severe pain not responding to pain medication(s).
- Excess swelling or swelling that is exceptionally greater in one arm than the other.
- A bright red spot on the dressing(s) that continues to enlarge and isn't controlled by light pressure.
- Incisions that appear to be opening or becoming very red, hot to the touch or containing purulent drainage.
- A fever.
- Call your physician if you have any questions.
DO NOT SMOKE! SMOKING DELAYS THE HEALING PROCESS AND INCREASES THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS.
As was stated this is from the prospective of someone that actually works for a doctor that practices Cosmetic Surgery. Of course your doctor will give you specific post operative instructions for Upper Arm lift (brachioplasty), and these are to be followed to the letter. This can simply serve as a backup plan.
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Browlift
This is a continuation of a series of articles dealing with Cosmetic Surgery, precisely what to do after said surgery. Minimal activity for the first 21-48 hours. You may use cold compresses for the first...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Breast Augmentation
I don't know what the statistics are on breast augmentation. But I would venture to say they could quite possibly be the most altered part of the female anatomy. In this section I will provide post op...
Now that you've got that new nose, you want to know what to do during the healing process. Well read on. Keep head elevated while at rest, sleep with about 2 pillows. Avoid straining or...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery.....Post-Op Instruction...Facelift
With all the recent publicity surrounding the Hollywood celebrities and their foray into the world of the "New Me," I guess it's inevitable that articles pertaining to it will abound, so I guess I'll jump...
More by this Author
Candida is a little known and often misdiagnosed condition most of us unknowingly contend with regularly. Unknown to most candida appears in various forms, thrush, athlete's foot and more.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
The English poet Alexander Pope (1688-1744) wrote: " To err is human, forgive divine." Can you take that attitude when it is your time to be forgiving?