What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions, Rhinoplasty (Nose) and/or Septoplasty
These are post operative instructions for Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty ( most commonly called a nose job)
Now that you've got that new nose, you want to know what to do during the healing process. Well read on.
Immediately After Surgery For Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, (nose job)
- Keep head elevated while at rest, sleep with about 2 pillows.
- Avoid straining or activities that brings pressure to the head.
- You may apply cold compresses to your eyes for the first 24-72 hours post op for comfort and to reduce swelling.
- Keep the outer plaster, nasal splint dry at all times.
- Do not blow your nose or attempt to clean the inside of your nose for at least 2 weeks. Saline nasal sprays or drops will aid in gently cleaning the nasal passages.
You Can Expect
- Initial light colored bloody drainage for about 24-48 hours. Change the mustache dressing(gauze pad), under your nose as needed.
- Moderate discomfort, which should be relieved with the pain medication(s).
- Mild to moderate bruising and swelling around the eyes that will last throughout the first week.
- Sutures and inner/outer nasal splints will be removed after about 7 days.
Call The Office If You Experience
- Severe pain not responding to pain medication(s).
- Acute, excessive, bloody nasal drainage.
- A continuous high grade fever (indicative of an infection).
- Call the office if you have any questions
- A fever.
DO NOT SMOKE! SMOKING DELAYS THE HEALING PROCESS AND INCREASES THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS.
As was stated this is from the prospective of someone that actually works for a doctor that practices Cosmetic Surgery. Of course your doctor will give you specific post operative instructions for Rhinoplasty, Septoplasty, and these are to be followed to the letter. This can simply serve as a backup plan.
- Cosmetic Surgery | Plastic Surgery | Breast Augmentation
Cosmetic Surgery Today is a one-stop resource for plastic surgery, breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck and all other cosmetic surgery procedures.
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery.....Post-Op Instruction...Facelift
With all the recent publicity surrounding the Hollywood celebrities and their foray into the world of the "New Me," I guess it's inevitable that articles pertaining to it will abound, so I guess I'll jump...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Breast Augmentation
I don't know what the statistics are on breast augmentation. But I would venture to say they could quite possibly be the most altered part of the female anatomy. In this section I will provide post op...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Browlift
This is a continuation of a series of articles dealing with Cosmetic Surgery, precisely what to do after said surgery. This article has instructions for what to do post op browlift. Minimal activity for...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instruction...Laser Skin Resurfacing
This is a continuation of a series of articles dealing with Cosmetic Surgery, precisely post op instructions. This particular article is dealing with the post operative instructions for Laser Skin...
- What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instruction...Brachioplasty (upper armlift)
This is a continuation of my series of Post Operative Instructions for Cosmetic Surgery. These particular instructions are pertaining to Upper Arm correction surgery. This type of surgery is usually...
- Rhinoplasty Nose Reshaping
Nose reshaping surgery is a very common cosmetic surgery requested by both men and women to correct imperfections in their nose shape such as reducing the size of nostrils, removing bumps on the bridge,...
© 2010 Alfreta Sailor
More by this Author
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.
"I can never do anything right." Is that how you feel, or, is that what you're always told? Does it seem that every endeavor you attempt, falls far short of it's intended goal?