What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Breast Augmentation
I don't know what the statistics are on breast augmentation. But I would venture to say they could quite possibly be the most altered part of the female anatomy. In this section I will provide post op instructions from my sources. And there are at least five more cosmetic surgery post op instructions to follow.
Immediately After Surgery
- Minimal activity for at least the first 7 days post surgery.
- Remember to position yourself as instructed by your physician, keep your torso elevated at all time while at rest.
- Leave the bra in place as it helps with the swelling and offers the needed support.
- Do not raise your arms above your shoulders.
- No heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling for a minimum of 1 week.
- After 1 week, lifting is permissible but limited to 5 lbs or less.
You Can Expect
- Sutures (black nylon) to be removed after about 7 days, (unless dissoluble).
- Moderate discomfort, which should be relieved by the pain medication(s). Also the application of ice packs high on the chest is permissible and often aids in relieving discomfort.
- Moderate swelling and bruising of the breast.
- Some mild bloody drainage on the dressings surrounding the areola.
- In some cases, 1-2 drains may be required. Your physician might ask that drainage amounts be logged and taken to each post operative visit, for him to review.
- To return to non strenuous work with 5-7 days.
Call The Office If You Experience
- Severe pain not responding to pain medications.
- Excess swelling or swelling that is greater on one side than the other.
- A bright red spot on the dressing/bandage which continues to enlarge and isn't controlled by light pressure.
- Incisions that appear to be opening or becoming very red, hot to the touch or containing purulent drainage.
- A fever.
- Any signs of increasing firmness of one or both breast.
DO NOT SMOKE! SMOKING INCREASES THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS AND DELAYS THE HEALING PROCESS.
As was stated this is from the prospective of someone that actually works for a doctor that practices Cosmetic Surgery. Of course your doctor will give you specific instruction, and these are to be followed to the letter. This can simply serve as a backup plan.
- After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Women who are after a larger breast size need to think about what happens after breast augmentation surgery. According to PlasticSurgery.org, there were over 307,000 breast augmentation surgeries performed in 2008 making it the most performed surgica
© 2010 Alfreta Sailor
More by this Author
Have you ever wondered who your elders are, and what they have to offer? Well read on and see just who they could be and what advice they might have to offer.
Do you sometimes feel down, maybe for extended periods? Have you ever wondered if you're really depressed? Read on and see if your questions are answered.
One of our all time favorite comedians, Sinbad.