What To Do After Cosmetic Surgery....Post Op Instructions...Browlift
This is a continuation of a series of articles dealing with Cosmetic Surgery, precisely what to do after said surgery. This discussion has instructions for what to do after a brow lift.
Immediately After Surgery For A Browlift
- Minimal activity for the first 21-48 hours.
- You may use cold compresses for the first 24-72 hours post surgery for comfort and to help decrease swelling.
- Keep your head elevated to approximately 45 degrees or on 2-3 pillows for the first 7-10 days.
- You may wash your hair with a mild shampoo and gentle strokes after 24 hours, if no drains are present. However if drains are present, you must hold off washing your hair until they have been removed.
- Limit lifting, pulling, pushing, straining (including going to the bathroom) for at least 10 days.
- If you experience dry eyes, you may use an over-the-counter artificial tears solution/ointment. Do not use Visine.
- Keep incisions clean with diluted Hydrogen Peroxide/water and apply antibiotic ointment to the area 2-3 times a day.
- Avoid bending at the waist to retrieve light weight items (bend at the knees) for at least 7-10 days.
You Can Expect
- A light to moderately thick pressure dressing to the brow area for the first 24 hours that will be replaced with a chin/brow strap on your 1st postoperative visit.
- 1-2 drains may be required. If asked, drainage amounts will need to be logged and taken to each postoperative visit for your Physician to review. Drains are usually removed after the first 24 hours.
- To be able to wash your hair approximately 24 hours after the drains have been removed.
- Moderate discomfort, which should be relieved with pain medication(s).
- Moderate swelling and bruising to the area.
- Possible "bloodshot" eyes that will go away after a few days.
- Sutures and or staples to be removed after 7-10 days postoperative.
Call The Office If You Experience
- Severe pain not responding to the medications.
- Significant increase in swelling.
- A fever.
DO NOT SMOKE! SMOKING INCREASES THE RISK OF COMPLICATIONS AND DELAYS THE HEALING PROCESS.
As was stated this is from the prospective of someone that actually works for a doctor that practices Cosmetic Surgery. Of course your doctor will give you specific post op instructions for your browlift, and these are to be followed to the letter. This can simply serve as a backup plan.
- Cosmetic Surgery | Plastic Surgery | Breast Augmentation
Cosmetic Surgery Today is a one-stop resource for plastic surgery, breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck and all other cosmetic surgery procedures.
More by this Author
Do you want to be a contestant on the price is right instead of just being a spectator? By following the suggestions herein you have a better chance of being chosen.
"I can never do anything right." Is that how you feel, or, is that what you're always told? Does it seem that every endeavor you attempt, falls far short of it's intended goal?
Are you reliable, is reliability important to you. Read on to see examples of the importance of reliability.