How To Wear Jeans To Formal Events
You CAN wear jeans where you can't wear jeans!
Many women love wearing jeans, and will chose them over putting on a pair of trousers or a skirt. They're often comfortable, practical and a more convenient choice. Sometimes they don't even require any ironing!
But even in our modern society we're not supposed to wear them everywhere. I'm talking about Clothing Regulations and expectations in our work-places and at certain social and sporting events.
But there are some sneaky ways to get around this. I've learned that I can actually get away with wearing them in these environments without raising any eyebrows! So, here's some tips about how you can do it too!
How to cheat the 'No Jeans Policy' in a corporate environment:
- The best choice for the office is a jet black colour pair of jeans - the darker the shade of black the better. It will appear that you're wearing skinny-leg style trousers if you team them with a blouse and tailored jacket.
- Wear your jeans with a 'Baby Doll' style blouse instead of a collared shirt which tucks in, this way they can't see the top of the jeans so others can assume they're tailored pants. You'll also be able to get away with wearing brown jeans if you're wearing a top like this.
- Don't attempt to wear blue jeans (unless they are so dark blue they're almost black) or faded shades of denim - you may end up getting caught out.
- Don't wear your jeans to work if they have some frey to the hem, or motif's on them.
- Always wear your usual corporate shoes and jackets teamed with your jeans at work, and no-one should notice any difference.
How to get away with wearing jeans to semi-formal event:
For fashionable ladies, wearing jeans to a semi-formal event such as a day at the horse races, is unheard of. When you're track-side, socially, you're expected to be wearing a pretty dress! Here's how you can get away with wearing jeans in these kinds of situations and not end up feeling under-dressed.
- Choose a bright pair of jeans and team them with a bright colour. Some example choices are: White jeans teamed with a bright blue top / Red jeans teamed with a white top.
- You can get away with wearing 3/4 length jeans - the tighter the better because they'll look like tailored pants.
- Team your jeans with a 'formal' style or tailored top. For example: A boned bustier top, a top with gold or beaded details, a silky flowy top.
- Team your jeans with formal shoes - High heels or sparkly flats are a good choice.
- Don't try to roll up your jeans hems, it will be a giveaway!
- Match your hairstyle to the event - Sculptured locks will make you look more formally dressed regardless of the fact you're wearing jeans.
- Go big on the jewellery. Try chunky necklaces and earrings, which 'dress up' your outfit.
- Don't be afraid of adding a hair accessory - Flowers or sparkly clips in your hair will also cause you to look more dressy.
How to get away with wearing jeans to Golf:
- Choose a thin thread pairs of jeans. They will appear as nothing more than cotton pants to those who see you in them.
- Don't attempt blue jeans (unless they are very dark navy blue)
- Don't wear the 'faded jeans' look. The best choice is a very dark black, cream or brown.
- Don't wear hipsters or bell-bottom jeans styles - you're unlikely to get away with it. The straight leg is the best option. You need to 'fake' that you're wearing slacks.
- Don't wear jeans with diamonties or a pattern, or brand name visible when you're wearing them.
- Don't attempt to wear them if they have frey's or holes.
- Team your jeans with a sports brand top.
- Ensure all your other clothing is a match with the Club's regulations.
So now it's up to you to 'brave it' and slip into your favourite comfortable pair jeans next time instead of putting on that dress from last season or getting the iron out to run over your old pair of trousers!
Buy Womens Jeans Online:
More from StricktlyDating:
More by this Author
Using hair chalk to highlight your hair is an easy and inexpensive alternative to using hair dye, and because it washes out you can afford to be really creative!
Most consumers are unaware of the potential health risks which come with purchasing a counterfeit perfume - or even that they've purchased a fake. Thesedays there are highly sophisticated knock-offs for sale...
Cute, Funny "About me" quotes, status updates and memes about yourself. Quotes for the 'About me' section of your profile page, and for funny Facebook statuses and Tweets about yourself.