Treating Acne Scars Naturally: Tea Tree Essential Oil and Diet Tips
Acne and Tea Tree Essential Oil
Clinical trials and innumerable case studies have proved that the Tea Tree essential oil is decidedly beneficial and helps get rid of acne successfully.
A study was conducted on 124 individuals having various forms of acne. One segment of the volunteers was managed using Tea Tree oil, whilst another segment was administered benzyl peroxide (the typical treatment regimen given for acne). Tea Tree oil demonstrated fantastic and rapid results; and importantly, did not bring about any adverse effects.
What is Acne?: Causes of Acne
Acne is a skin disorder which involves the natural oil secreting glands located beneath the skin. These oil glands produce sebum which is meant to keep the skin healthy and moisturized. In individuals having hormonal imbalances or those who follow a poor skin care regimen, these glands tend to get blocked, resulting in an accumulation of sebum within the glands. Further, this buildup can get infected, which may result in inflammation and scarring of the skin tissue.
There are several factors that are considered to contribute to the formation of acne:
- Hormonal changes and imbalance are the primary etiological factors. This explains why a high percentage of teenagers suffers from acne during puberty. Furthermore, acne is also common among females due to hormonal changes taking place during their menstrual cycles.
- Poor skin care, excessive use of makeup containing chemicals, and dietary insufficiencies have a potential impact on the formation of acne. Aromatherapy and a nutritious diet are considered highly effective in the successful management of acne and acne marks.
Benefits of Tea Tree Essential Oil in the treatment of Acne
Tea Tree is native to Australia. It is a shrub that thrives in marshy areas. The oil is obtained from the leaves and twigs of the shrub. The oil smells spicy, strong and somewhat medicinal. It is a powerful anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-bacterial and helps fight various contagious diseases.
- Tea tree essential oil is invaluable in the successful treatment of acne and acne scars, blemishes, and enlarged pores.
- The oil prevents as well as halts bacterial growth and counterbalances their harmful products.
- Tea tree balances the sebum production within the skin, hydrates the skin well and eradicates ugly scars, all in an interval of 3 to 4 months.
- When blended with Aloe Vera gel, it is an excellent face and neck mask that protects the skin and soothes inflammations.
Warning: Do not use the Tea Tree oil on very sensitive skins. Use in moderation, and always blended with a carrier oil (such as almond oil, avocado oil or jojoba oil).
Diet and Foods to Manage Acne Scars
Diet and self care play a crucial role in the effective management of acne:
- Drink plenty of water everyday. Keep yourself well hydrated. A minimum of 3 liters per day is advocated. Water flushes out all toxic wastes from the body, hydrates the skin, and enhances your complexion enormously.
- Avoid processed and refined foods. These foods have a high concentration of trans fats, which result in hormonal imbalances and trigger and / or aggravate acne.
- Add 2 servings of the following to your daily diet - lemons, sweet limes, oranges, tomatoes, bell peppers, mangoes, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, or parsley. These foods are chockfull with vitamin C and powerful antioxidants; which promote optimal skin health and promise you a healthy, radiant complexion.
- Ensure that you eat a fistful of nuts everyday (walnuts, pistachios, cashews, groundnuts, and almonds). They supply loads of zinc, a vital mineral that keeps acne in control.
- Irregular bowel movement and chronic constipation are big hurdles to a beautiful skin. Make sure you have regular bowel movement.
Lastly, have a regular skin care regimen. Never miss out on cleansing, toning, and moisturizing the skin. Scrub the face, once a week; opt for skin care products that have a water base, not an oil base.
More by this Author
Muscle knots in the back are often responsible for severe back pain and muscle spasms. There are several home based treatment options to manage back pain along with diet and supplements to treat painful muscle knot...
Vitamin E therapy is considered to be one of the essential and effective treatments for thwarting the signs of aging and for the management of scars, fine lines and wrinkles.
Liver Cysts rarely have any symptoms; nonetheless, the condition hampers liver functions considerably. Home remedies help treat the condition successfully and keep the liver functioning optimally.
No comments yet.