Cosmetic Surgery Liposuction
How does Liposuction work?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that removes the excess of fat, that someone does not want to have on various body areas. The areas of the body where it can apply to liposuction are: the area of the stomach, back, buttocks, thighs and backs of arms. The procedure itself involves inserting a tube (catheter) in areas that contain fat.
After the insertion of the tube and using a suction device, the fat comes out of the body through the tube. In most cases, liposuction also involves the injection of fluids in areas where the fat is located that you want to remove. The injection fluid serves to loosen the fat cells and to locally anesthetize the area where you will remove the fat.
Liposuction Does Not Replace Weight Loss
Many people prefer to use liposuction and other techniques to lose weight, instead of practicing physical exercise. Given that obese people have large amounts of fat, it is believed that liposuction can remove most of the fat, turning them into people relatively thin.
In fact, small liposuction usually cost less than €50. The procedure is only recommended for patients who are physically fit and have tried other methods of weight loss.
The removal of excess fat can cause different levels of health risks, although not very frequent. Liposuction should be strictly regarded as a procedure of beauty, and not as a health treatment.
Types of Liposuction
Currently there are more than one type of liposuction, however, they all use a tube, which removes the fat. Below here are the different types of liposuction:
- Ultrasonic - also known as UAL uses sound waves to turn fat into liquid before it is removed.
- LipoSelection - This type of liposuction is the same as ultrasonic liposuction, however with this method the skin is not affected.
- Tumescent - In this method a liquid is inserted into (composed of large amounts of anesthetics) the area where you will remove the fat.
- Power - Also known as PAL, this method uses a motor that allows the surgeon to make smaller movements. This serves mainly to make less painful liposuction.
Anyone can do a liposuction?
If you are considering a liposuction should take into account several factors that will influence the success of surgery. When you decide to do a liposuction should be taken into account:
- Skin elasticity, since it will no longer have the fat before liposuction.
- Age, is usually only recommended to do a liposuction for people between 20 and 60 years, although there are exceptions and there is no right age.
- The weight, this factor will determine the success of liposuction.
- Your health, if you have a weak immune system will be more prone to disease after liposuction [post liposuction]. If you have diabetes or heart disease it is not recommended to do this surgery.
You might be a good candidate for liposuction if you have a normal weight and good skin elasticity. Liposuction is used most often to meet women who have psychological conflicts with his thighs, his belly etc.. You should always consult your doctor and your future surgeon to ask any question you might have about liposuction.