How to Dress Like a Cowgirl
Dressing Western Cowgirl Style
The right western clothing and accessories along with some good fashion advice can have you dressed like a good ol' cowgirl from the west in no time at all. If your curious how you can dress like a cowgirl and fool even the smartest cowboy, read on and I'll teach you how to dress like a true western cowgirl. Whether your going to your first country western concert or want to dress like a cowgirl for a costume party, these fashion tips will lead you straight to the most convincing western looks and cowgirl costumes ever. Find women's western clothing, boots and western fashion accessories that can take fashion and femininity to a whole new level of intrigue, dressing cowgirl style!
Cowgirl Costumes and Western Wear - Essentials for a Cowgirl
Fashions for the Cowgirl
Fashions for the modern cowgirl today can be down right simple as can be or as fancy as a rhinestone cowgirl might want them to be. The most important fashion tip to remember when shopping for fashions for the cowgirl is to choose your western wardrobe according to your very own unique personal style. Here you will find the basics. Let's start at the top and work our way down, while assembling your new cowgirl wardrobe.
- First you'll need a cowgirl hat, you can choose any color or material, just be sure it fits right. Measure around your head for the perfect hat size, before you buy a cowgirl hat. Straw hats and white hats are perfect for the warmer months, while leather, felt and wool hats are ideal for the cold weather. Best hats by brand are Resistol, Bullhide, Bailey Hats, Scala Hats, Cinch, and Justin.
- Your western shirt can be chosen according to where your going to wear it. If you want something durable to wear while your working the ranch or riding your horse you can get any denim shirt or plaid shirt. Keep in mind though, your western top doesn't have to be rugged like a cowboy's shirt. Pretty lace, rhinestones, fringe, and scroll embellishments can add instant feminine appeal all while letting everyone know that your a cowgirl not a cowboy!
- Next, you'll need a pair of great fitting western jeans. While you can tuck straight leg jeans or skinny jeans into your boots, boot-cut jeans are probably your best bet. Try to get a pair with stretch, so they'll be comfortable and not binding. Most true cowgirls are pretty rugged, so they need jeans that are of the best quality. Choose from quality name brands like Cruel Girl, Miss Me, Wrangler, or Levis. You might even want to wear a cute little denim skirt, which is another great way to show off your western boots.
- Take notice that cowgirls do wear women's western belts and flashy western belt buckles. There are lots of options for you choose from when it comes to belt buckles, too. Anything from roses, crosses, turquoise, hearts, horses, country music, etc. are good picks.
- Layer your look with a women's western vest, cowgirl jacket, or coat if it's chilly out. Fringed jackets, leather coats and jackets, hoodies, and denim jackets are very popular and practical around any country western arena. Scully, Carhartt, Outback Trading Co, and Cripple Creek are a few of the better brand names available.
- Another fashion accessory for the cowgirl is a western handbag. These purses are a great way to showcase your unique lifestyle. Choose from hand tooled leather bags, purses with hair-on hide cowhide, or distressed leather handbags. Add studs, fringes, animal prints, or crosses if you like. American West, Blazin Rox, Pendleton, and Montana West are popular choices.
- Kick up some fun, western style! Of course, you absolutely must wear women's cowboy boots to pull off the cowgirl look. Depending on how serious your taking your cowgirl look, it is recommended that you take the lump and spend a lot of money to buy quality cowgirl boots that you'll wear for man years to come. Best selling western footwear brands include Frye, Ariat, Justin, Corral, Roper, Lucchesse, Dan Post or Old Gringo. Decide which toe you want on your boots. They are available in round toe, square toe, wing tip, pointed toe, and wing tip. The most fun part is picking out the design and material you want in your boot, which can range from your basic leather riding boot to exotic skin western boots. Either way you will get your money's worth by choosing brand name.
- Last but not least is western jewelry. Cowgirls accessorize with western boleros, earrings, necklaces, and bracelets.
If you're simply looking to dress like a cowgirl for a Halloween party, check out the featured adult cowgirl costumes.
Western Wear for Women
If your just looking to shop for some decent western clothing (guys or gals), Sheplers is THE place to get anything you want. From boots to cowboy hats this retailer is truly one of a kind and is sure to have something (maybe even everything) you have ever dreamed of adding to your western wear wardrobe. So, if your like me and don't have any stores around you that carry western wear, with a click of a button you can shop online and choose from a huge inventory, too!
Wearing a Cowgirl Costume
Did You Ever Wear a Cowgirl Costume?See results without voting
Dress Like a Cowgirl
Adult Cowgirl Costume
Adult Cowgirl Costume
Get a killer hot look this coming Halloween season or for your next western theme party by wearing a cowgirl costume. It's such a fun and flirty look. Keep it simple by getting your entire costume online or use some of your own clothes to pull off the country western look.
First, pick out a cute cowgirl hat. Straw hats are best for costume because they keep your head cool and are available in all kinds of cool colors, (even pink)! Next, get an old flannel shirt and maybe tie it at the waist if you have the tiny waistline. Throw on a pair of your favorite blue jeans, preferably boot-cut jeans. The next item is as important as the hat, you will need to wear women's cowboy boots. Wear your own, if you have them or buy a cheap pair online. Howdee! You now look like a real cowgirl. Don't forget to pick up a a toy cap gun and holster set. These are such fun costume accessories and are sure to convince everyone that you are a true cowgirl!The only thing missing is the horse!
Have fun picking out a pair of cowgirl boots that can be worn for costume or everyday life. My favorites are Old Gringo, the intricate patterns so beautiful.
Teen Cowgirl Costume
Cowgirl Teen Costume
This teen cowgirl costume is made for the fun loving girl that wants that western style. It features a black cowgirl hat with a pink and white hatband, a black necktie, western shirt with attached vest with badge, matching western skirt and wristbands.
Cowgirl Gun and Holster
Costume Gun and Holster
This fun cowgirl gun and holster set includes a tan sheriff holster, gun, and cowgirl hat. Makes a perfect Halloween costume for your next Halloween party. Very nice quality and comfortable to wear.
Purchase this cowgirl gun and holster at Amazon below.
Cowgirl Gun & Holster Sets
Fun accessories that are sure to convince everyone that you are a true cowgirl!
Rhinestone Cowgirl Costume
Now That's a Cowgirl Costume!
Check out this rhinestone cowgirl costume! Before performing at the recent Cinema Against AIDS dinner in Cannes, Dita Von Teese shows off her dazzling rhinestone cowgirl costume. At the gala, the dancer performed her burlesque act, built around a 9-foot MAC Viva Glam lipstick, before an audience including Kylie Minogue, Naomi Campbell and the cast of Ocean's Thirteen.
Maybe you'll want to star in your own rodeo in a sparkling sexy Rhinestone Cowgirl Costume!
More by this Author
Want to know what's going to be the hottest new styles in women's swimwear this year? Be prepared for some exciting new looks for the beach or poolside this summer.
The women's mini skirt initially caught everyone's attention in the 60s, and still does today. Here you'll learn how mini skirt fashions actually came about, where to buy a mini skirt online, and how to look good in a...
Follow these fashion tips for women over 50 that can help you achieve a fashion-forward wardrobe. Have fun shopping again and celebrate your fabulous self!