DO-IT-YOURSELF FOOT SPA AT HOME
FEET as our BEST FRIENDS
I don't know if you will agree with me, but I consider feet as the most worn-out parts of the body. Just imagine how heavy our bodies are which they carry to wherever we feel like going to, we drag our feet just about anywhere! Imagine how we try to fit our feet into those close pointed or stiletto shoes then have them walk to rough roads, steep stairways, making 'em feel they are being taken advantage of. At the end of the day, your feet feels physically abused, having calluses and sweaty feet as end result, and if they could only talk, I swear they want to curse you and say " I don't want to wear those shoes anymore!! I don't want to walk ever again".
Being the most dead-beat part of the body, FEET deserves some pampering to do. Feet also wants to be treated dairly. I'm not talking about going to the salon and having you feet undergo a foot spa from professionals. I'm not talking spending big bucks here to get a foot treatment. Yes, you just want your feet to feel that they are important like the other parts of your body,and it just sounds right to splurge on having your feet pampered. But then again, if you can do it at the comforts of your home while curling up on your couch while reading a good book or while watching Prison Break, why the heck you have to spend extra on something that can be done on your end, right?
DO-IT-YOURSELF FOOT SPA
Foot spa can also be done alone without seeking any professional's help. All you need are few low-cost foot products and you're good to go. So how do I do it?
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Basin/tub with warm water to soak your tired and aching feet
- Pumice stone or foot file
- Foot scrub
- Nail cutter
- Bubble bath or liquid soap
D-I-Y FOOT SPA--How to do it:
- SOAK UP AND RELAX! - Soak your sore and exhausted feet in a lukewarm water. Loosen up and let your feet stay in the water for 10 to 15 minutes. You can read magazines or books while waiting, you can even surf the net and create hubs if you want. Put some salt and liquid soap or your bubble bath. make it foamy for a soothing effect.
- EXFOLIATE DEAD SKIN - Surely after soaking your feet in foamy warm water, skin has become so soft and ready to be scrubbed. To exfoliate, use a pumice stone or a foot file. You can buy such at very reasonable prices on beauty shops. Put a generous amount of foot scrub on your palm and dab it on your feet. Scrub the dead skins on the focal points like the heels and toes which are very vulnerable to calluses and cracks.
- MOISTURIZE AND MASSAGE - After scrubbing off the dead skin cells, rinse your feet and towel it dry. Then put lotion or moisturizer (moisturizer is better)on your feet. Include the ankles. Massage your feet using yout fingertips, making your feet more relaxed than ever
- CUT AND POLISH - Your almost done! For the final touch, cut your toe nails, add life to your toe nails by putting on a nail polish. Of course, the color depends on you and your mood. You can be as simple as just picking neutral colors like beige, cream, or brown, or you can use wild colors like yellow, orange or even neon green. As long as it looks good on you, then that will work!
Feet should really be taken cared of. They say that hygiene of a person can be reflected on how the feet looks. Even if you have such a gorgeous eyes, nose so turned up and lips so kissable, with a body to die for, but you don't even know how to care for your feet...well, that will just mess up everything. It's like almost winning a lottery and you just failed to get one number correctly. I, for once, considered feet being one of my pet peeves. I bet you don't want someone you have your eyes on be turned off just by looking at your not-so-good-looking feet, right?
More by this Author
Bells are ringing! Birds are singing! Couples are preparing! For what else? Dream wedding of the year! Everyone would want to have the most fantastic wedding, who wouldn't? This is just once in a lifetime occasion,...
We want to always look fashionable whatever the season is. Magazines and websites will give you tips on what to wear and when to wear it. The most challenging part is finding an outfit during the rainy season. Here...
According to WIKKIPEDIA, Inferiority complex in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the...