How to Use Eyebrow Gel – Eyebrow Enhancer to Shape Your Eyebrows
Eyebrow gel is such an easy eyebrow enhancer. It’s a totally pain free way to shape your eyebrows. There are some individuals who have a very low tolerance for pain. If that’s the case, you either severely dread getting your eyebrows waxed, curse at yourself when it’s time to pluck and streak at the thought of electrolysis. Read on to learn how to get started shaping your eyebrows the easy way!
The good news is that you can use several products, one of which is called eyebrow gel, to easily shape your eyebrows with no pain, whatsoever. This article will give you some tips and tricks on using eyebrow gel as well as some really cost effective gels to try out.
Pain Free Eyebrow Shaping
Ready to get started? Below is a list of the recommended products that you’ll need:
- Eyebrow gel
- (Optional) Eyebrow scissors
- (Optional) Eyeliner/Eyebrow pencil that exactly matches the color of your eyebrows
- (Optional) Eyebrow brush or you can recycle an old mascara brush. Make sure to thoroughly wash it to remove all the dried on mascara.
Confused as to what type of eyebrow pencil you need? Check out my article on eyebrow pencils selection. (Link opens in a new window)
Where to Buy Eyebrow Gel
There are tons of eyebrow gels on today’s market. A very cost effective eyebrow gel is simply using aloe vera gel! (Make sure it’s alcohol free as that will dry out your skin). Aloe vera is great for your skin and is a great substitute for a typical eyebrow gel. I like to shop and compare prices on Amazon.com. They have a ton of great eyebrow gels there and it's very helpful to read customer reviews.
The the right, I have handpicked some of the best eyebrow gel products.
How to Use Eyebrow Gel
If you want to shape your eyebrows, but don't want to pluck and wax (or you want to reduce plucking and waxing), follow these steps!
- If you desire to add thickness to your eyebrows, use your eyebrow pencil and gently stroke in the areas that you want enhanced. (This isn't necessary for people with thick & dark eyebrows)
- Next, use a clean eyebrow brush or use a completely clean old mascara brush and brush your eyebrows upwards. Yes, upwards! They'll look quite humorous at this point.
- (optional) Be very careful and use eyebrow trimming scissors to gently trim the hair that goes up and above the normal shape of your eyebrow. You may not need to do this step if your eyebrows are thinner and light.
- Now, brush with the direction of the hair (brush to the outside of your face) so the eyebrow takes on a neat apperance.
- Now that the hair is brushed and going in the right direction, gently apply your eyebrow gel (you may use clear - my favorite! - for dark, thick brows, or colored eyebrow gel that will darken the hair.)
- That's it! You're done. Depending on your eyebrow shape, you may want to pluck a few stray hairs, but if you're not into that, no worries. Simply using eyebrow gel will dramatically help improve your overall eyebrow shape and really enhance your face.
Cautions to Take When Using Eyebrow Gel
- Take care to not get any of the gel into your eyes. If you do, make sure to liberally flush with water and if necessary see a doctor.
- Just like all make-up, you should replace your product every 1-2 months. While there are preservatives in the product to preserve shelf life, it’s not worth the risk of infection.
More Eyebrow Shaping Articles
I hope my tips will help you groom your eyebrows without any painful experiences. I have listed some more of my articles that I've written on eyebrow shaping and eyebrow maintenance.
(All links below will open in a new window!)
Eyebrow Pencils – Selecting the right eyebrow pencil for you!
Perfect Eyebrow Shape – You can achieve it. This is your ultimate eyebrow shaping guide!
Does Electrolysis Work ? – Yes! I had electrolysis done a few years ago; this outlines my experience.
Celebrity Eyebrow Pictures – Celebrity eyebrow pictures that could help inspire your next eyebrow shape!
More by this Author
I consider myself one of the least gullible people around. Last week, I purchased a counterfeit perfume on eBay. Read on for tips so you won't get fooled again. $28 is what I paid for a 3.4 oz bottle of Vera...
It is common practice to look at celebrity hairstyles to get ideas for your next style. But, what about eyebrows? Celebrities are also starting to set trends for eyebrow shapes, too. This gallery will provide you with...
I started looking into electrolysis when I was 17 or 18. I used to have very unruly eyebrows and was getting fed-up with constantly plucking them or going to the salon and paying money to have them waxed. It's literally...