First Time Brazilian Wax in New York: What to Expect, Precautions and Finding a Suitable Spa in NYC
Ever since Brazilian micro bikinis became popular, waxing in the intimate parts of the body has become mandatory. This hair removal method is commonly known as Brazilian wax. If you don’t know what you are going to get, first time Brazilian wax can be a bit disturbing experience. Brazilian wax in New York is very much popular and almost all spas offer this service. But, you should be careful and take a number of precautions to prepare for first time Brazilian wax.
What to Do Before First Time Brazilian Wax
You need to prepare for first time Brazilian wax. The skin in the pubic area is very much delicate and waxing on those areas will be a lot more painful than waxing on hands or legs. You should be prepared for this. A pain killer half an hour before your first Brazilian wax can be a good option to lessen the pain.
Brazilian wax requires hair length of at least 0.25 inch otherwise the hair won’t get removed. Hair longer than 0.50 inch will be difficult to remove by waxing and it hurts a lot. Typically, the therapist trims all the hair in the pubic area in a uniform size before applying wax. You can shave your pubic hair at least 3 weeks earlier so that the hair length is uniform at the time of waxing.
Maybe after a few times, you can choose any but the first experience better be with a top quality Brazilian wax therapist in a top quality spa that has the reputation of maintaining top notch quality standards.
If you have a sensitive skin, you should ask for a Brazilian with hard wax and no strip. This method is better for sensitive skin.
- If you have psoriasis or diabetes then avoiding Brazilian wax would be better. Consult with your doctor about it.
- Many of us try waxing at home but as it is done in the intimate parts of the body, it is highly recommended that Brazilian wax should be done by a professional.
- No matter what they say, there will be some pain. Get yourself prepared for it, it is not too much and every time you do waxing, pain will be less.
- Don’t get Brazilian wax at the time of your period, at that time your skin can be more sensitive and waxing is not recommended.
- Avoid sex for at least 24 hours after Brazilian wax to protect your skin from infection.
- Sweating can clog the pores, so it is recommended that you avoid exercise for the next couple of days.
- After Brazilian wax, you need to protect your skin from sun for at least 2 days, so if it is for a vacation, get an appointment a few days before the vacation.
Finding a Suitable Spa for First Time Brazilian Wax
New York spas provide various waxing services. And they are good at it. But you should be careful to pick one. The better the therapist, the less pain involved and better hair removal.
The spa must have a strict rule against double dipping. Double dipping can transmit various diseases from one customer to another.
The state has outlined a few safety guidelines for spas, make sure the spa you are choosing is well aware of those safety guidelines and abide by them strictly.
One spa I can recommend in New York is Dyanna Spa. It has been voted the best spa for Brazilian wax NYC more than once, so there is no surprise why I am recommending it.
With a good preparation, first time Brazilian wax experience will not be a bad one for you and you will be able to avoid all types of skin problems that can occur after the waxing process.
More by this Author
The history of nail care reveals some intriguing facts. nail polish and nail care was a part of aristocracy and a symbol of status in ancient times. It was in the nineteenth century that nail care started to become a...
Peeling skin on hands means the striping of the new skin on hand as well as loosing the old layer. It is a normal phenomenon that our body naturally sheds skin on a regular basis, losing the old skin to a new layer. But...
No garden is complete without the water element. Water features for the garden makes your garden a piece of heaven for you and your family.
No comments yet.