jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

How many shop slightly compulsively?

1. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I do, if I don't watch it.  Easy way to relax from job stress, lol.

1. Teresa McGurk profile image82
      Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shiny things.  Earrings and bangles.  Can't resist.  And watches (I have five).  and good leather handbags. 

everything else I buy online.  'cept food, mostly.

2. Junkster profile image60
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

I'm a sucker for this also, although my vice is computer components lol.  I bought a 9800 GTX graphics card last week just because I was looking at them and my framerate in Far Cry 2 was a bit lackluster! haha

3. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

Shopping is my favorite activity. I don't need any compulsion to do  shopping. I am compulsion personified.

4. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 7 years ago

I get in the mood about once a year, lol. The rest of the time I hate shopping more than most men.

Unless you're talking books. wink

5. indy cindy profile image76
    indy cindyposted 7 years ago

Compulsive shopping? Yep. Shopping is a source of pleasure ... and as a hedonist, I seek out all forms of pleasure.

6. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

I don't get shopping-as-fun. So no risk of it here!

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, you know, clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry!!  But I am also a massive bargain hunter and never, never pay retail...  smile

7. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Nah, it's a necessary evil for me.

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are like my one sister is.  That's OK!  wink

2. Hovalis profile image88
      Hovalisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. I plan what I'm going to get before hand, and then hit the shops and get out as fast as possible. I don't linger. I've never found shopping to be fun. But there you go...

8. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 7 years ago

Shopping is a horrid activity, standing around gormlessly staring at clothes tentatively choosing between various colours - urgh

9. lindagoffigan profile image60
    lindagoffiganposted 7 years ago

Shopping is a stress reliever but saving lately seem to be the better thing to do.  The gas price hike that has now become reasonable caused me to limit the shopping and just do more writing and blogging.

10. deccasandy profile image60
    deccasandyposted 7 years ago

For me shopping is not a stress buster or anything like that. Actually i am a compulsive shopper. When i get into shops, usually i shop a lot and my budget goes hay wire. At times i hate this. But just cant help it. smile

11. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

I definitely have a bag fetish, yeah.  And jewelry obsession.  Oh.  I shouldn't forget books.  At least as important!  Many shelves.

I have been buying lots online myself--just easier sometimes as we are somewhat in podunkaville.

12. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on your definition of "slightly compulsively." Is that like sporadically compulsively? Or moderately compulsively but more frequently? Oh heck. I admit it. I have a tendency to come home with wayyy more items than I went in for. This goes for grocery shopping as well as goodies for myself (or gifts for others). I don't get myself into financial hot water with my shopping, but I do tend to go a little overboard on occasion.
    Mostly, I am able to justify everything I buy. I don't tend to buy things that come home and gather dust!