jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Age, state of mind and well being

1. Alexa Poesia profile image79
    Alexa Poesiaposted 3 years ago

Who decides how people shod look, walk or act these days. I mean if you are in late 30's, why shod everybody think u should be driving a mini van and wearing mom jeans?  Why can't I wear the clothes I want or drive what I want?

1. Polly C profile image87
      Polly Cposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You decide yourself how you want to look...no one else should dictate this.  I'm in my late 30s - 40 next week - and do not drive a mini van. I am also unaware what 'mum jeans' are, although I am a mother. People should be whoever they want to be, and dress how they choose.

1. 0
        Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this
        1. RooBee profile image83
          RooBeeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm dyin' ..that is hilarious. Oh, those funny ladies.

2. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 3 years ago

There's an ongoing commentary from fashion and style experts about what is and isn't appropriate for us to look like (or drive) depending on our age.. or the time of year.. or whether the moon is waxing or waning.. I'm pretty sure the main reason for this is to keep the fashion and style related industries thriving. I say heck with what anyone thinks. Life is relatively short and I'm not going to spend it conforming to someone else's arbitrary rules for the way I should be! The idea that you can't look all smokin' hot in whatever way you see fit just because you're someone's mother is absolute crap. That is my take on the matter, anyway. smile