jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Advice on shopping with your wife

1. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

If you ever go out on a shopping trip with your wife and she tries a dress she likes on do not reply, when she asks "does my butt look big in this" yes you have a big butt it looks big in everything you wear. this advice coud save your life someday.....jimmy

2. 0
    Lisa Bargerposted 9 years ago

I take it we're speaking from personal experience, Jimmy?  wink

3. GreatTattoosNow profile image62
    GreatTattoosNowposted 9 years ago

A man of few words is always wise!

4. dxdukes profile image59
    dxdukesposted 8 years ago

With lots of money!

5. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

Just say it looks great and be prepare to spend without complaint !

6. WeddingConsultant profile image82
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

This is an older thread, but a great topic- How does one shop with the wife?  That's something I have yet to figure out...

I'm one of those guys that likes to go in, get what is needed, then leave!
    My wife is one of those gals that likes to try everything on, look at and touch everything, think of every possible combination...you get the idea.

Thoughts?  Advice?

1. elisabeth reid profile image77
      elisabeth reidposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Learn patience.  Or come up with a reason to stay home.  There is no in-between.  There is no 'hurrying her along'.

2. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL, you are better off sending your wife to the shops with her sister/mother/friend instead of yourself - providing your wallet can stand it big_smile

7. WeddingConsultant profile image82

Well, it certainly is a chance to practice patience at times.

And I've tried the hurry-her-along thing.  It usually doesn't work.  What we've found works well is we go and do different things in different parts of the store.  It's not as if we need to be together all the time.  Fortunately, I have a wife that realizes the benefits of alone time and "guy time," just as I realize the importance of her "girl time."  So sometimes we'll split up and go to different parts of the store or different stores all together (when in a mall or outlet mall).

8. WeddingConsultant profile image82

Misha- that's quite a risky suggestion you posted.  But yes, we've done that before, too.  I count myself pretty lucky as she doesn't break the bank as other wives might...but the risk factor is quite high, especially if you add a girlfriend or sister or mother in there with her!

9. cflynn profile image86
    cflynnposted 8 years ago

Why bring a man shopping? ruins everything!