jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

According to Carole Jackson of the book Color Me Beautiful, there are

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

4 fashion seasons: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.  Spring and Autumn people have golden and/or warm undertones to their skin  and hair color.  However, Spring people have lighter variations of warm coloring and undertones while Autumn people have deeper variations of warm coloring and undertones.

Summer and Winter people have cool,pink or just neutral undertones to their hair and skin color.Summer have lighter variations of cool and pink undertones whereas Winters have darker variations of cool undertones, sometimes they just have neutral undertones.   Ms. Jackson indicated that there are specific colors tailored according to a person's specific season in order to bring out his/her best complexion wise.  The book is extremely fascinating.   Many people have their respective seasons and corresponding colors done at individual Color Me Beautiful seminars.  If you have either read the book or attended a Color Me Beautiful seminar, what season are YOU?

1. Tonipet profile image84
      Tonipetposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hello gmwilliams. I feel lucky I have the book. Funny that I find myself in the mixture of sunshine seasons. Being a lover of colors since I was small, I feel so belonged from the crisp and colorful October leaves, the delicate warm colors of February and to the pastels of June! Perhaps because I am Asian.

So thoughtful of you to share this. Many would be encouraged that color is the answer to most questions about how to be beautiful. Thank you. Have a great weekend:smile-Tonette

2. renegadetory profile image95
      renegadetoryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

My mom had her books and we read them and I am a SPRING.  I have the colour swatch at home that shows the colours that are best for me and it makes clothes shopping easier because I know what colours look good on me and which make me look pale.

The downside is that I find many mainstream retail clothing stores tend to carry muddy or cool toned coloured clothing, none of which is flattering to my complexion.

3. caramellatte profile image61
      caramellatteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've haven't heard of this book. I think I am Autumn, though. smile