jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How Good Are Tankless Water Heaters?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

I have a small basement and am thinking of getting a tankless water heater.  Are theyb reliable, cost efective and do they have to be put in a heated space?  I have a large crawlspace that I could heat if that be the case.  How much do they cost and can they work on PVC pipe?  Are they easy to install?

2. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

My parents have one from Bosch and are very pleased with it. Beyond that, I don't know a whole lot, except that they need to be installed on an outside wall. I keep meaning to do more research, since my water heater's at an age where it could work for five more years, or could die tomorrow.

Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well at least you answered two of my questions. Your parent's  like it and it doesn't have to be in a heated area like the stand up water heaters.

3. LondonGirl profile image83
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Do you mean like a combination boiler?

We have one. It's gas-powered, and heats the water and runs the central heating. Hot water is produced on demand, not stored.

It's great, and efficient, as you aren't storing hot water, and you can't run out if someone has the world's longest shower.

Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No, not the same thing at all.

4. LondonGirl profile image83
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Sorry (-:

5. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

Where are all the construction workers or Handymen or those who write all the hubs about home remodeling products when you need them?

working