jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Have You Ever Worn A Hoop Skirt?

1. HoopSkirtMan profile image60
    HoopSkirtManposted 7 years ago

Would you ever buy a hoop skirt.  I own about twenty and they are so cute and fun!

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I dunno, HoopSkirtMan, I'm with Katherine Hepburn, and most days I wear the pants...  But I've been meaning to ask you, what DO you wear under that thing?  Is this like Scottish guys with kilts, or (?) 

I'm so curious!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I love vintage fashions. I won't mind a pair of bloomers lol they would make great jammies wink

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Just for a costume. I wouldn't wear them like daily or anything smile

4. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image92
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 7 years ago

I wore a hoopskirt for a halloween ball as a teenager. I wish I still had the pics.

First, you are hard pressed to find one - I ended up renting one from a local theater!

Second, Try getting into and out of a camaro in one of those!

Third, there is definitely a trick to getting through doors and sitting.  (I should have practiced at home first!)

Fourth, and most importantly, hoops and drinking don't mix!! Thank god cell phones and video cameras had not yet made the scene!!!

Otherwise, They were fun for the evening, it really can make you feel elegant.

5. HoopSkirtMan profile image60
    HoopSkirtManposted 7 years ago

I wear these really cute pantaloons under my hoop skirts.  However, I usually only wear these on the weekends smile.