jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)

what you need to return your lady image?

1. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, on behalf of the ladies. smile

2. katacham profile image60
    katachamposted 7 years ago

High heels. Lots and lots of high heels.
    Fitted tops to show off curves and other lady bumps. big_smile
    2 essentials right there!

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I'd imagine the secretary look would cover all bases.

I'm guessing. I'm not very ladylike. Apart from having very long hair. Which I ignore anyway.

4. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

good posture, always sit with your legs crossed, don't drink from a pint glass and wear a dress. I also agree with the heel and secriterial suggestion very lady like.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Bah.  I'm over gender roles.  I don't go around thinking about how to maintain my blonde image, or my image as a person who's 5'7".  Why should I go around thinking about maintaining my "lady image" ???

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Base your wardrobe, (and attitude) on the female characters of "Mad Men".  Except that smart one who got promoted, she'll never land a husband.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image83
      wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Actually I was watching joan rivers yesterday and she said men don't like smart women, was she right?

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

like it worked for her lol
        insecure men dont like smart women IMO smile

It takes more than clothes to make a person ,ever meet someone who looks great then they open their mouth?

I dress up or down, smile
        I love the  feminine look , and sloppy clothes work too, depends.

2. 0
        wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

WHAT?  Where on Earth did she get that information?  I'd sure like to see the statistics here.  From what I've seen, smart men are attracted to smart women and vice versa.  Oh, Joan...

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know.  I'll ask my wife.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
          Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. wrenfrost56 profile image83

LOL!

2. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I disagree, Ron.  She'll get one in about about 10 years, 1979, after she's a copywriter division head and that guy she had the baby with tires (or hasn't he already?) of his NYC socialite wife who by that time will have gotten really fat and taken too much Demerol.

lol

Seriously, I love that show.  AND I like the look of >some< of the women's clothes...stilettos and pencil skirts...

7. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the reasurance, thats what I thought. Being smart is definately a good thing and a good man would respect that right?

8. world of the wise profile image25
    world of the wiseposted 7 years ago

ya. smart women are hard women

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I could never go back to heels, I look like I'm walking with a stick up my butt.  When I did wear heels, I had great legs big_smile

I dress up or down depending on the situation.  At home, t-shirts & shorts (its summer).  Company functions, black dress & low strappy heels.

Smart woman...well my daughter thinks "boys" or are they "men" now (18-20) don't like her because she is smart, she is and has no qualms about hiding it & she can't stand girls who dumb down to get boys attention.  She'll never play a ditsy blonde. big_smile

1. wrenfrost56 profile image83

love your daughters attitude, I feel she may have had a good role model. I don't dumb down I think you only do yourself an injustice.

10. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I don't like guys that are dumb-asses. And I'll never "play dumb" to get a guy. But I have mostly guy friends, and they hate stupid girls, so I think it may be a myth that guys don't like smart girls.

But as far as return to your lady image, just accentuate what you like about your body. When you like it, you're confident, and when you're confident, you look better smile

working