jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Out of work

1. mand profile image59
    mandposted 7 years ago

what do you do with your time

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Volunteer for something you are passionate about. Sometimes if your good, and you will be because it is something you care about, work offers can come out of that. Its a start anyway

Best wishes
      Jon

2. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I curl up in the fetal position and silently whimper

1. R.Edwards profile image79
        R.Edwardsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

classic!

wow, just wow!

3. video lost profile image60
      video lostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

manage

2. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

I write down anything I consider a good idea and write as much as I can about it. As soon as I'm by my pc, I get connected and start typing away! smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I search for teaching jobs and I just redid my resume so that it looked better. I also search for hosues for my husband and me to move into once our 6 month lease is up. I also write..LOVE to write and write on my stories that I hope will one day become books. then I also write on here when in the mood. I also watch movies...well not watch really as I have seen my movies thousands of times...I write with a movie playing in the background. Helps the imagination.

4. mand profile image59
    mandposted 7 years ago

Thank god for computers i do the same trying to think what I can do next

5. wyanjen profile image90
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

Whatever you fill your hours with, be sure it is something you care about. Try not to fall in the trap of doing things that you think you are supposed to be doing, instead of the things you want to be doing.
    Take good care
    Jen

1. R.Edwards profile image79
      R.Edwardsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

does hubbing count? I try to keep my hours at home resourceful and entertaining at the same time.

that's worded well though...

1. wyanjen profile image90
        wyanjenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hubbing TOTALLY qualifies.
        Resourceful and entertaining = perfect. wink
        Let's add therapeutic too.

6. AndyK26 profile image39
    AndyK26posted 7 years ago

i sit down pick a sitcome and watch as many episodes i can

7. shanekruger profile image59
    shanekrugerposted 7 years ago

i will do exercise when i will free.

8. Nail Technician profile image59
    Nail Technicianposted 7 years ago

I always like to read all of those interesting things that i have been meaning to get around to.  Reach out to my contacts for any openings or work opportunities and do my best to train myself up on new skills that may be useful in the future.  tongue

9. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

I'm working on some equipment to style mens back hair. It's either that or sell advertising and trim product names on their back, wadaya think?

10. profile image0
    Linda Myshrallposted 7 years ago

Do what's in front of you- as if you were on a week-end.  Clean, shop, hang out with friends, volunteer, write, whatever you normally do, do.  Don't mope!  *And* cruise the help wanted ads, send resumes, Monster.com, network... you know the drill.  It sucks (I know) but it's not forever.  Good luck!

working