jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Do you wish that you kept your mini skirts, tights, platform shoes

1. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 7 years ago

Fashion seem to be recycled and influenced by the past. I wish I had kept some of mine.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

when I was a teen ager my mother gave me all her clothes in the 60s, it fits me well, until now those mini skirts, some I have disposed of but I can still wear three of them, my waistline never changed as the mode and fashion keeps on returning......

2. secondreview profile image62
      secondreviewposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hec no. I was never comfortable in any of those things.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

No...once you get past a certain age those things should remain in the past smile

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

Nah! I never looked good in them anyway.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Garage Sale Fashion Shows are like that big_smile  But don't believe the promoter..
    It would take alot of courage to wear the same shoes for 20 years.. Though I guess quite sole destroying hmm

5. lalatheemodel profile image61
    lalatheemodelposted 7 years ago

I wish i didnt throw some of my clothes away.Clothes do not make you as a person.It only changes your appearance and what mood are in on that day.

6. 0
    LEWJposted 7 years ago

Do I wish I had?     I sho do!         Yeah, chile, you hush yo mouth, hear?

7. Mocha Momma profile image61
    Mocha Mommaposted 7 years ago

The fads are cycling more quickly now than a cat can lick his you know whats...

I have a rule of thumb, since I've hit my "30 spread", a little more hips, a little more thigh, a little more junk in the trunk, if I cannot fit it, it's gotta go.  My waist hasn't really changed but even though I have a pretty good shape, I've filled out more in my woman hood than some of those trends would allow. 

If only they made apple bottom jeans many many many years ago...

8. fibre2fashion profile image11
    fibre2fashionposted 6 years ago

According to me the fashion that usually they let you look good and sensual so i think but along with that one fact that should be kept in mind is that one should choose clothes according their body structure.....

9. moanalisa profile image61
    moanalisaposted 6 years ago

At my age, I wouldn't look good in those...well, maybe the tights. My older daughter has snagged some of my "vintage" pieces, however, and loves them.

10. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

If I kept all the things I had as a kid, I'd be rich with valuable collectibles!

11. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

My grandmother still has clothes from her childhood at 80! They're all hanging in a tiny antique wardrobe. That one room of the house is like stepping back in time, the rest is all quite modern.

1. Laura Thykeson profile image80
      Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would LOVE to see what your grandmother still has and the styles she wore-would be a great hub, I think.

12. yenajeon profile image81
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

There are some definite fashion pieces I wished I kept from the past. But the platforms I am relieved are GONE !
    They're not coming back in style are they??

13. Laura Thykeson profile image80
    Laura Thykesonposted 6 years ago

What I really wish I had of kept is my figure from back then, lol!!! Middle age and gravity have not been so kind to me...but a big part of that is my own fault for lack of exercise and unhealthy eating habits. This subject does remind me of a quote I heard from someone one time-"Men age gracefully, women just get old". In my case as least, that seems to be true.

Laura T.